AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HT1000 is now ceiling mounted, fairly close to the drop type ceiling. The back feet are 1 inch from touching & the front foot is about 1/8" from touching. This puts the top (bottom) of the lens about 1-1/2" from the ceiling. The projector is getting much hotter mounted this way & I'm wondering if I should be concerned about long term performance.

Before, with the projector table mounted I could put my hand on the front of the projector near the lens without having to remove it. Hot, but not burning. Now, I believe if I left my hand there it would burn the skin.

Is this too hot & should I look to ventilate somehow? I do have some ideas if you guys think it is needed. I am not experiencing any flickering like I read someone else was having.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
I have mine mounted to an 11.25" x 10" piece of 6mm mdf which is then bolted to the ceiling - I can't say it get's that hot, but the air coming out of it is hot of course.

No problems so far, but i can't compare it with being table mounted as I've never used it that way.

Gary.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Gary,

Mine gets too hot to leave a hand there as well. I found that out when adjusting the position during movie playback. I don't know if it is within tolerance or not.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My HT1000 does not get too hot. It was much hotter when I had on the floor. With ceiling mount, not much of an issue.

You are running in eco mode, I suppose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.