Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get my SAT-HD100 working .....

I had a pre-existing round dish on 101. After installing a 22khz multiswitch and connecting the second dish I aimed it too at 101.

Then I went back in the house and on the receiver setup settings I selected Oval 2 Sat and selected the SAT A (1st dish) got good signal which verfied the LNB and switch was working for my original dish. Selected SAT B (2nd dish) and verfied signal strength was present and that the LNB and switch were working.

Went back outside.

Dropped the 2nd dish elevation by 5 degrees and swung it west 20 degrees and BAM ... got signal in the mid 30's (xpndr 28). A few trips back and forth into the house to fine tune and now I have mid-70's on the 119 and mid-80's on the 101 (like I always had).

This worked for Minneapolis.

Thanks to everyone who had posted in the past on how to make all this work.

Bob

Hint: Mark off the basic compass points with a marker of some sort on your antenna post and then mark a "guide" mark on the sleeve assembly that rotates on the post so you can get an idea of how many degrees you need to move.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The receiver doesn't know the difference between the 2 dishes. Selecting Sat A and then Sat B does not switch from one dish to the other when you had them both set up pointing at 101. When only 1 18" dish is set up and pointed at 101, you can switch from Sat A to Sat B and still get signal strength, with or without a multiswitch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.