Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have always been plagued with stutters. I have tried all the tips found here to solve it, and it never solve it completely. Finally I have found the solution (just by accident) for my case. I will share it with you, maybe it could help someone.

Every time the stuttering appears I reinstall the SP2 in my Windows XP Pro and all works well again. I have realized that in my case the problem is caused by Windows Media Player 10. If I saw any video with it the stutters are back.

The SP2 solves the problem because it reinitializes the WMP10, and if I never start it again the stutters never appear. If by accident I open the WMP10, I just click Cancel in the starting wizard and it will not affect me, but if I continue the stutters are back...

I don't know what's happening, I just know it works, and I never saw such a rock solid fluid image, with dvd's or avi's.

I also have exact timings with my card (47.952, 48.000, 50.000, 59.400) and use reclock and set vertical sync to always on.

My System:

P4 2.4C 512MB

WindowsXP Pro SP2

ZoomPlayer WMV 4.51 - VMR9 Windowless

DScaler5 for dvd

FFdshow resize to 1360x768 L4

Reclock 1.5beta8 with PAL pitch correction from 25fps -> 24fps

Powerstrip

NVidia GeForce6800 LE:

Projector DILA M15 outputting [email protected]

I hope it helps...

yesgrey3

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Very strange indeed! But it explains why I have avoided many problems, if WMP (any version) is opened on any of my computers, it will open with the wizard since I never use it. I actually delete all the shortcuts on my kids' computers so they don't open it by accident! And this is mostly because of DRM fear... :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mastiff, your sixth sense have helped you... :)

I remember that Blight said we should install WMP10 because it changed some registry keys. I don't know if was this the cause, and I also cannot revert to WMP9 without a re-install, and since my problems are solved would be a very stupid thing to do to, reinstall everything just to try to catch where the problem is... and since with Zoomplayer WMV I do not need WMP, why bother?...

I thought that it could be any problem with zoomplayer, but I had also tried with other players (including WMP) and the stutters were always there. Only disabling WMP would solve it for me.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well, it's not so much a sixth sense as a strong dislike, bordering on hatred, to anything Microsoft has done to play media since Windows 2.11! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.