AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lined the entire optical cavity of my Mits WS65857 with black felt (around the three lenses. However, I only partially lined the left and right sides. It became difficult to fasten the felt towards the top 1/3 of the cabinet, without covering part of the screen. Also, I was fearful that using a lens hood could obstruct the light output of the lenses onto the mirror. I couldn't determine from Paul's pictures whehter the hood should be fastened parallel with the lenses or angle in (fastened on the thin top part of the wood). I'm sorry, but it's hard to describe my confusion. Regardless, how important is the lens hood and completely lining the left and right portion of the cabinet? Is the lining the optical cavity sufficient?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Andrew

I've lined a few Mits. TVs with fabric. While covering the entire inside is a great idea you will be hard pressed to see the difference with the part you missed. If your not sure about the fabric being in the way turn on the set and hold a piece of paper where the screen will be and check for obstructions. Try to cover everything except the lenses and IR sensor. I use staples inside the cabinet and the use a perm. maker to color the staples black. Usually takes me 1 1/2 hours from removal to reinstallation. The most imporant tweaks is mech focus, electronic focus and lots of time on service convergence. Once that is done AVIA or VE to top it off. SO don't sweat it!

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

[This message has been edited by David Richardson (edited 10-12-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.