1,098 Posts
Hi Bob,

Now that's proactive and preemptive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob,

HDTV Football looks awesome! I live on the island

and watched the Superbowl in HD. Have you seen the Jet game demo on DTV Ch 199 when they were running the demo.

Speaking of CBS, I used to work at the Letterman theatre at 1697. Do you work out of there??

-=*Sharby*=-

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sharby
Bob,

and watched the Superbowl in HD. Have you seen the Jet game demo on DTV Ch 199 when they were running the demo.

Speaking of CBS, I used to work at the Letterman theatre at 1697. Do you work out of there??
?????

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sharby
Bob,

-=*Sharby*=-
I work over at Broadcast Center.

Bob

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by hpierce
maybe this means they fixed a problem and we will see a remarkable improvement?
We found no "problem" but there are ways to set up the encoder. I would not expect a "remarkable" improvement. We are curios to see if there is any change.

Bob

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Bob,

Of course it will look better today - the Gators are on! :)

I'll take a look and provide some feedback after 2:30 CDT. It will be a bright and sunny day in Jacksonville so it should look nice and crisp!

Chris

Go GATORS!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Bob,

Of course it will look better today - the Gators are on!

I'll take a look and provide some feedback after 2:30 CDT. It will be a bright and sunny day in Jacksonville so it should look nice and crisp!

Chris

Go GATORS!
Took the words right out of my mouth!! It is a beautiful day here in N. FL.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Bob,

I've never used an HD camera before(and don't claim to have an answer to the image quality issue), but the last 2 weeks or so of HD football looked like backfocus was slightly off with the stadium wideshots. ??

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The Oklahoma Nebraska game on ABC looks horrible. I can barely look at it.

Frank

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have updated my web page with screen shots from last week's game. It includes comparison between the HD and standard def feeds as well as a shot of standard def (upconvert) NFL.

The football link is the second on my page:

http://members.home.net/larryh791/

I don't provide much commentary -- just the pictures.

I will attempt to get shots from today's game for comparison.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The HDnet does look great. CBS and the NFL should take a cue and get the Sunday games into HD.

What's it take to get the NFL out of the dark ages?

12:35 PDT National Anthem, so far it looks great.

More! More!

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
All you Gators are gonna be crying in your beer. Go Dawgs!!!

Thank you, Bob Ross and CBS!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks slightly better over last week, but still not as "crisp" as it looked the first week. Stadium-wide shots don't have the pinpoint sharpness the way they seemed to have during the first week or two. Almost looks out of focus. Maybe it's my eyes being too critical...I still am grateful for CBS HDTV.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I don't have HDNet to compare, but today's image seems more crisp to me today than the past few weeks..it was noticeable on the last shot which panned the crowd on a kickoff, I could clearly faces in the stands from a distant angle (I recall them seeming noticeably softer last week).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The HD images look very good but I don't like the SD images being stretched on replays etc...they should be in a 4:3 box the same way HDNet does it.

And I've said it before and I'm gonna keep on saying it...lose those GDed exploding graphics!!!

CBS is the leader in HD entertainment and does not need to cheapen itself by doing phony FOX-network like showboat graphics transitions that do nothing to add to the game! PLEASE!!!

One other note: one of the cameras being used for entire-field shots has a problem with its optics-there is an obvious lack of focus on the extreme right of the picture.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.