AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be connecting my PC to the projector and was wondering how clear the text was when projected? I know that my regular TV sucks at displaying the text and is mostly unreadable.

How will the L300u differ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since there is no 1:1 mode, I've found text to be readable but not perfectly clear. It's also odd going back to such a low resolution display after being used to 1280 x 1024 on the desktop.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I read in another thread somewhere where PC users can install a program called 'power strip' and achieve 1:1 pixel mapping. It produces crystal clear text when set at 960x540.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am familiar with powerstrip and it does have the ability to choose custom resolutions.

If set 960x540 and it's perfectly clear, I think that will be excellent.

Does anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmicGrooves
I am familiar with powerstrip and it does have the ability to choose custom resolutions.

If set 960x540 and it's perfectly clear, I think that will be excellent.

Does anyone else know for sure?
I use powerstrip and an HTPC with my L300U projected on a DIY screen, and text is crystal clear. I go from the VGA port on my computer to a converter box that outputs to a shielded component cable, into my Denon 3803, and out another shielded component cable to the projector.

It is night and day compared to a "regular" TV where everything is muddy. I use 960x540 for movies, and 952x518 for computer games which fills the panel perfectly and looks like 1:1 to me, but I'm not sure it is exactly or not.

- Cryo

·
Registered
254 Posts
Home Theater Personal Computer

Just a computer used for media.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.