AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you can get the Monster one cheaper than the MS one, get it. If not, get the MS one. I hear the Dragon VGA's from play asia are quite good but they were out of stock when I got mine( I got MS ones).

I like Monoprice too but Monoprice does not make VGA cables for the XBox.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the monster vga cables on my LCD. My friend and I compared it to the MS cable. We couldn't tell a difference. Keep in mind you'll need another audio adapter to get it to work with the digital optical cable so you'll have to buy the Monster digital optical cable if you can't get the adapter itself so you'll spend more $$$.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Monster component cables are great, I purchased it because I had a prime membership deal (Amazon) and it was listed as a limited time pricing. It only set me back $24.99 so I went ahead and nabbed them. I've noticed a difference in CoD2, much more vivid and sharper. It also resolved the minor lag issues I've been having in CoD2 when using the sniper rifle online. Whenever there was alot of dust or smoke, there would be a sudden frame rate drop. The monster cables resolved the issue for the most part and I haven't been using the standard cables since.

The only review I could find on the cables...

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews...o-AV-Cable/p1/

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 /forum/post/0

It also resolved the minor lag issues I've been having in CoD2 when using the sniper rifle online. Whenever there was alot of dust or smoke, there would be a sudden frame rate drop. The monster cables resolved the issue for the most part and I haven't been using the standard cables since.

How in the world could a cable effect frame rate? Marketing + placebo effect = $$.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennRW /forum/post/0

Im not sure al these mosnter products are all scams.

- I don't agree that Monster cables are a scam. They are very well made cables and their build quality is very good. But there isn't really a picture quality difference between Monster and other decent brands. The only reason I would buy them over first party cables is that their length is usually greater.

The problem most people have is that they are overpriced. If you can get them for a significant discount, I would get them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks in time i will upgrade to either the monster cables or something equel.I plan on doing this because in a short while i need to extend the components for the 360 and i have been hessitant to do so because that means i need to use couplers.I would use them if i had better quality cables.

Can you name a few brands ? Its pretty hard to get monster cables in the netherlands for some reason.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have monster component cables and a couple months ago upgraded to monster vga cable. I still think you'll see a difference with an analog signal buying nicer cables. With a digital signal (hdmi) yes, go with monoprice or the cheapest thing you can find.

Very happy with my monster vga cable. Also, I found it on e-bay for much less than they normally sell.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I picked up the monster vga cables from my local radioshack for about $30.00.... kept them over night and ended up taking them back. I really didn't see a huge difference in quality nor did I like the idea of having to buy an additional cable for digital audio. I went to BB and picked up a pair of the MS branded ones, at cost thanks to a friend of mine there... The extended length of the cables is a plus though. Yet MS branded cables comes with a gender changer and I have a 25ft vga cable just waiting to be installed once I move all of my components into their new home.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought the Monster cables as well. Radioshack here in NJ had em for $29.99 so I bought them. I got home and found out that I needed special adapter to connect my regular optical cable. Had to buy the monster optical cable with the dongle which costed me $20 from Amazon.

Well the cable are well made and they look good. They are also long at 10feet each VGA and Optical.

If I had to buy again, I wouldn't buy them. I would just pick up MS VGA cables and Optical Cable from Monoprice.

Because of that stupid Monstercrap Optical Dongle Adapter I'm not buying and Monster products ever again.

·
Registered
21,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLog /forum/post/0

There are people in this thread that should work for BB or CC.

LOL!!!! yeah I like to call them "monster pushers" it is the end all be all of cables

I picked up the Intec one from Amazon so far so good
I had an extra Optical cable hanging around so I plugged it in and now I am ready to go.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlDesigns /forum/post/0

I bought the Monster cables as well. Radioshack here in NJ had em for $29.99 so I bought them. I got home and found out that I needed special adapter to connect my regular optical cable. Had to buy the monster optical cable with the dongle which costed me $20 from Amazon.

Well the cable are well made and they look good. They are also long at 10feet each VGA and Optical.

If I had to buy again, I wouldn't buy them. I would just pick up MS VGA cables and Optical Cable from Monoprice.

Because of that stupid Monstercrap Optical Dongle Adapter I'm not buying and Monster products ever again.

Got mine for $30 off ebay, shipped, and it came with the optical cable and adapter dongle...

While I don't see a huge difference in quality, I do notice a difference and the high build quality, to me, warrants its purchase. To each their own. I figure, if I'm willing to spend $400 on my 360, $3000 on my tv, $500 on my receiver, etc., then I will also get the best cables I can as well. Again, for analog signals. For digital signals, it's all fair game...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.