AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I tried to get through the owners' thread, but there were tons of pages and a lot of old 700 talk. Can anyone recommend the TH50PZ750? TV/DVD use mainly --- and if I can hook it up to the computer to view photos, great too. For room with about 7-10 feet viewing distance. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Why that particular model? The 700u would probably be cheaper and the newer plasmas will be better and possibly not much more expensive.

It does have a VGA port, but the resolution is limited to 1360x768. It won't accept 1080p over VGA.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Check www.ecoustics.com for pro reviews on the 750. As for the PC input you can use one of the HDMI inputs instead. The 750 is a 2007 model so I hope your getting a great price on it & maybe the only reason I can think of to get a 750 instead of a 2008 850 would be PRICE & that the 750 has a Twin Picture (P-I-P) that the 850 doesn't have. As above, if the price isn't really that great I would go for the new 800 or 850.

·
Registered
25 Posts
iirc i saw a panny 750u (58") at bestbuy in their magnolia section which was in a darkened area, a knowledgeable guy there threw in TMNT on bluray and the PQ was AMAZING, color had lots of depth definitely looked 3d... definitely won me over to get plasma over lcd (as it was one of few plasmas not in the glaring light area but in its own separate dimmed theatre like area)

couldn't compare it to newest gen models as they were all in the high light area (and this baby in the dark area easily trumped em) but the pic on it was simply sick, came back again and they had the movie with mark wahlberg playing for the eagles and it also was very hott

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi - thanks everyone. we did see the 700 (not sure if it was a 700u or not, will have to re-surf) on sale but I have no idea if it's a good deal or not.
I'll have to compare it to the 800 prices.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I would check with all of the Forum Sponsors on the PZ800 because they have some pretty good prices on it right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1313 /forum/post/14239648

I would check with all of the Forum Sponsors on the PZ800 because they have some pretty good prices on it right now.

OK, great tip. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far only found it with one of the sponsors (I assumed it was the list of logo banners at the top of the forum page, yes?), and with that one the 750 and 800u are very close in price. Why is that? If the 750 is a year older yet at market for the same amount, would that mean the 800 is not that much improved? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhappy /forum/post/14240173

So far only found it with one of the sponsors (I assumed it was the list of logo banners at the top of the forum page, yes?), and with that one the 750 and 800u are very close in price. Why is that? If the 750 is a year older yet at market for the same amount, would that mean the 800 is not that much improved? Thanks.

I would absolutely get the 800 over the 750. It's not even close.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still researching the 50's!

Anyone know the real difference between the

TH-50PZ800U,

TH-50PZ850U, and

TH-50PZ85U?

(Also finally bought a Samsung LN37A550 today but didn't hook it up yet. At BB with a 10% off deal.)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The big difference between the 800 & the 850 is that the 800 has the "THX" picture setting where the 850 has a "PRO" picture setting & a limited internet connection to a few sites. You can "COMPARE" the specs. on all the models at Panasonic's website or www.crutchfield.com website. For "PRO" reviews of these models got to www.ecoustics.com & www.cnet.com .

If I was buying a 50" myself I would go with the 800 model with the "THX" picture mode setting.

For Forum Sponsors also check the bottom of the pages.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1313 /forum/post/14279105

For "PRO" reviews of these models got to www.ecoustics.com & www.cnet.com .

Thanks again. By the way, the last time I read this, I thought you were pointing me to reviews that were "PRO" the particular model --- i.e. no cons. I was wondering why if a "biased" review site would help enough.
Now I get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts