AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this bundle, I was looking at getting the Onkyo 6100 or 7100 but the place Im looking just sold out of them. A representative advised that this would be a better system. Tell me what you think and let me know of another bundle you think that would be good. The max is around 700 or so. I will be using the system with a new plasma tv, ps3, wii and maybe a standalone blueray.

Energy Take 5.0 5-speaker home theater system 199

Energy ESWC8 8" 60-watt Powered Subwoofer 199

Yamaha RXV465 home theater receiver 329

total is $729,

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johst16 /forum/post/16937291

What do you think of this bundle, I was looking at getting the Onkyo 6100 or 7100 but the place Im looking just sold out of them. A representative advised that this would be a better system. Tell me what you think and let me know of another bundle you think that would be good. The max is around 700 or so. I will be using the system with a new plasma tv, ps3, wii and maybe a standalone blueray.

Energy Take 5.0 5-speaker home theater system 199

Energy ESWC8 8" 60-watt Powered Subwoofer 199

Yamaha RXV465 home theater receiver 329

total is $729,

The Take Classic 5.0 speaker system is a very good one for the money. You could also get the Energy C-50 5.0 system at wwstereo.com HERE for the same price....slightly better speakers. Forget about the subwoofer you mentioned. For $185 shipped you can get the BIC-F12 from Provantage HERE and it will be a huge upgrade over the ESWC8.

The receiver is a good choice since you'll be using the PS3 as a bluray player and it can do the decoding for you since the 465 doesn't.

·
The Village Idiot
9,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/16938093

The Take Classic 5.0 speaker system is a very good one for the money. You could also get the Energy C-50 5.0 system at wwstereo.com HERE for the same price....slightly better speakers. Forget about the subwoofer you mentioned. For $185 shipped you can get the BIC-F12 from Provantage HERE and it will be a huge upgrade over the ESWC8.

The receiver is a good choice since you'll be using the PS3 as a bluray player and it can do the decoding for you since the 465 doesn't.

+1

Forget the HTIB solution unless you just want to "get it all" in one box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts