AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw2 /forum/post/14295514

thanks for the help.

What do you expect? It is a plain-vanilla powerstrip with surge protection from a reliable manufacturer. Not much to say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/14296215

What do you expect? It is a plain-vanilla powerstrip with surge protection from a reliable manufacturer. Not much to say.

I just wanted to know if this would be sufficient. I do not need the bells and whistles. Should I spend more money on something else? I searched the site and only found post for $200 panamax, monster(NO!!!) and other high end models. There are no discussions on low end surge protectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/14296215

Not much to say.

how bout yes or no?

·
Registered
30,710 Posts
The answer depends on the AC supply in your area. It is a minimal but competent device. Hell, for $20, it is hardly worth hesitating. I think you would have to pay several times as much to get any additional features which, of course, may be of no use to you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A big worry about surge protection is that it fails open. If you read reviews and something fails closed or it failed and someone didnt know get rid of it ia nd find something that will fail open. If a surge occurs it should not work when you plug it back in

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Captain are you saying the surge protector should be sacrificial? If yes, I aggree. If no, then I am lost.

How would I know this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts