AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Although it is not common yet, there is one manufacturer which makes DVI switcher / Dist. amp. There are probably more, but I'm only aware of one at the moment.
http://www.dvigear.com/dviswitandsp.html

If I'm not mistaken, HDCP compliant factor is not important for a switcher/repeater since they only redirect/repeat incoming TMDS signals, only transmiting end, and receiving end need to be handshaken for HDCP de/ecryption.

·
23,039 Posts
There's a thread in the RPTV forum that talks about a Dr. Bott DVI

switch. It had some problems with noise. I tried to put the thread

URL in this reply but had no success - sigh.

larry

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Gefen has the lowest price DVI switcher out right now. They do for some reason go on to say that it's HDCP compliant. I have the 2x1 switch and it works as advertised. The contact switch remote is kinda silly though.

There is one other manufacturer that I know of during my search for a switch...albeit more expensive. It can be seen here

Bill

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
For a simple 2 to 1 DVI switcher, the only two I could find are the Gefen DVI-7500, which Gefen sells for $450, and the Dr.Bott MoniSwitch ADC, which Dr. Bott sells for $300.

The Bott comes w/DVI cables, and one poster in the RPTV forum said it created some sort of digital artifacts/sparkling, but he didn't know if the unit was defective. Mr. Wigggles reports no problems with his Gefen. The Bott has manual swiching, and the Gefen automatic, I believe.

Does anyone know of any other 2x1 DVI switchers, or have ant experience with these two?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.