AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an e-mail confirmation # from the rep; My credit card has been charged and the order is listed on the Dell Order Status site with a ship date. Is my purchase price "locked" or can someone at Dell still cancel the order?

Starting to turn blue here . . . still holding my breath

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
As I understand it, once your credit card has been charged Dell has more or less formally accepted the order on the terms you agreed to. Check on the order status page, and eventually "ship date" will change to "shipped," and a tracking number should be provided. Most of these units are shipped from Electrograph via Eagle Freight, and if you go to the Eagle site and enter the tracking number, your shipment schedule should appear. When this schedule shows arrival in your city, you can call the local Eagle office to arrange delivery.

(At least, this is the way my Dell order was handled - sometimes they do things differently!)

·
Registered
155 Posts
hang on in there, I'm holding my breath too since last Friday...

ordered the Pio on Friday, got confirmation #/email late Friday night, verified w/Amex that the correct amount was charged on Saturday.

Status says in-production, expected ship date 12/11 (today)

I've been checking the web site daily and I've called for status yesterday and today, it's all useless. The CSRs have no info other than what you see on the web site, and the web site is not 100% correct either...so keep holding your breath, eventually you'll get it!

·
Registered
698 Posts
You have to call eagle.Thats who delivers dells plasmas. Someone on this forum has their number.ANYONE? bm

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're way ahead of me. I placed my order with Dell for a Panasonic 42-inch a week ago. The Order Status still says "pending" and my credit card hasn't been charged. The message now says: "Your item(s) is being processed and should ship by the estimated ship date. Pending Currently attempting to complete order."

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Dell order status page
http://support.dell.com/us/en/dellca..._002_ccare.asp

lists my order as "shipped" two days ago and there is a "tracking number" listed but the "carrier" field is blank.

My Online credit card statement shows they have not billed me as of yesterday (credit card online is always a day behind).

I went to the Eagle Freight Tracking site http://www.eagleusa.com/NS/Tracking/EagleTrak.asp

but the fields there are not called "tracking number" as provided by Dell. Eagle wants a "waybill #, reference #, etc."

Your insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
IIRC, if you enter the Dell tracking number where it says "waybill" on the Eagle site, you will get tracking data; if that doesn't work, try the other fields on the Eagle site. BTW, it's possible Dell doesn't use Eagle for all shipments, although they did for mine. Anyway, worth a try.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks Steuert. That worked!

To recap:

To track your plamsa order after Dell ships it --

1) Get your Tracking Number from the Dell Order Status site, http://support.dell.com/us/en/dellca..._002_ccare.asp

Enter the Invoice Number and Customer Number from the confirmation email Dell sends when you submit an order.

2) Go the Eagle freight traking site
http://www.eagleusa.com/NS/Tracking/EagleTrak.asp

Select Waybill # in the first Search filed popup and Reference# in the second popup.

Then put you Dell Tracking Number as the "Search value".

·
Registered
155 Posts
...or in my case...

Dell online status show "InProduction" today.

Called CSR today, he says Pio may ship tomorrow or Monday.

half hour later, I get a call from Eagle that they're trying to deliver my plasma today, I request that they reschedule for tomorrow so I can be home to receive the plasma!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
In my case Dell had just sent me email telling me that mine was going to be delayed a couple of weeks. Not 5 minutes later Eagle was at my door step delivering.

-Jym-

·
Registered
362 Posts
ditto on the panasonic (pending shipping) .. apparently, electrograph is out of stock.. was told the 17th.. cross your fingers

·
Registered
25 Posts
ordered my panny through Dell last Thursday, (42 pwd5u) .... waiting with baited breath! please......PLEASE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.