AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sitting here looking at the "Welcome to ReplayTV. One moment please..." screen for 15 minutes.

And I just got it today.

Total time using it: 10 minutes (if you don't count the 15 minutes of looking at the "One moment please..." screen...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I assume you have already went through the initial system configuration and it downloaded the new software and rebooted. It can take some time but I can't say that I have seen it take more than 10 to 15 minutes to reboot and install. It can take a more than that to download (depending on hour connection, etc.) but it shouldn't take the long to boot after downloading.

If it is still hanging, I would press the Power switch until you hear the fan shut off and then let go and let it try to reboot again.

Good Luck!

Judge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did the reboot...it finally came back up.

BUT...it has the same version of software: 530451230

Is this a really old version?? Do I even want 5.0 v110??

·
Registered
156 Posts
You won't have a choice. When the system connects to update the Channel Guide, it is going to try and download the latest software.

Version 5.0 does have some improvements worth getting. I would go to 243 Zones and then do a Net Connect to try and get the software to load again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here I sit again: waiting for my Replay to complete the software upgrade. It's sitting on the SAME EXACT SCREEN. Has been for 15 minutes (again...:rolleyes: ).

If I pull the plug or force a restart, it'll just go back to that previous version. I honestly don't know what the heck to do....I guess change inputs and watch my TiVo...

...and wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay...it's finally up to 110. *whew* (never did startup all the way on its own...I had to restart it...)

Then again, with all the talk on this forum, maybe I don't want 110...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.