AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Samsung LN52B630 to replace my old CRT and I've noticed it takes about 10 seconds from when you press the button until you get an image on the screen if I'm using the cable tuner input. More like 15 seconds if I'm using the HDMI input from my cable box. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Normal. I have a 550, two Sharps and a Toshiba that all have about the same response time at power on.

It is I believe the CCFL lamps for the screen that have a short warm up time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it's dependent on the source. My current tv takes about 5 seconds connected to my pc.

Other sources that have to go through handshaking protocols or automatic resolution adjustments might take longer.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan /forum/post/16929079

I recently bought a new Samsung LN52B630 to replace my old CRT and I've noticed it takes about 10 seconds from when you press the button until you get an image on the screen if I'm using the cable tuner input. More like 15 seconds if I'm using the HDMI input from my cable box. Is that normal?

my jont takes like a whole day
j/k

·
Registered
614 Posts
My Insignia 22" LCD displays Please wait...Takes about 10-20 seconds. Almost as long as old Vacuum Tubes set. The TV has a lot of computing power to work with digital signals, so a bootup is OK with me.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Some brand/models have a selection in set up that allows a stand by mode and quicker on time.

My Toshiba ZV650U takes 8 seconds with Power on mode set to "Power saving",

and less than 2 seconds when power on mode is set to "Fast". (Stand by)

B series Samsungs do not have the power on mode setting.

·
Registered
879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/16930255

10 seconds too slow?

Your PC takes 3 minutes to boot up.

I knew there was a reason I used a Mac. 24 seconds from power off to fully usable desktop.

Honestly though, I think maybe you're still on a Pentium 90, because XP running in a virtual machine on my Mac boots in 25 seconds. Of course, Windows cheats and still has around 15 seconds of process loading once they put you on the desktop, so the actual boot time to usable desktop is more like 40 seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.