AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used Canare RGBHV cable. It's 50' in length. However, I will only need between 18' and 25'. Depending where I locate the equipment rack. Are there issues like degraded PQ or signal strength with longer cables? If not, how do I handle the extra length? I've read its not good to create loops in interconnect cables.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I am runing 50ft cables right now, with all sorts of kludged connectors, as the cables have RCA at both rnds. But it works fine. I see no difference bewwteen them and a 3ft VGA--->RGBHV cable in either picture quality, noise or anything else for that matter.

But I'm one of those people who kinda thinks the whole cable thing is a bit of an 'Scam myslelf (No offense to anyone). But I was recently in a Audio/Video store near me & the speaker cable was some fancy do-hicky costing $12,000 a cable! Per speaker!! I almosr splut a guy laughing.

As the way I see it, the ones who can afford that are 50+ retired old dudes with 20+ eye candy g'friends, and as they are only human they probably all have reduced hearing than their younger days. So the increased fidelity the cables give is probably cancelled out by age lol!!

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
With long RGBHV runs you can run into ringing unless you use a good quality Belden or Canair heavy gauge 75 ohm cable . Also I would keep the length as short as possible :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
My 2cents: You should buy the 50' and make yourself 2 25 cables. Over 20' starts to look crappy ( to technical?).

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.W
My GF was reading the title of this thread over my shoulder and according to her there's no such thing :rolleyes:
So, these two guy's were standing next to each other in the bathroom over their respective toilets and the first one complains "Goddamn that water is cold" and the other guy replies " Ya, and it's deep too".

I was the other guy :D

Chip

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
hey Stefuel, I just said goodbye to my Ampro 4300 tonight. I sold it to a guy in Japan. What a big girl she was, will never see the likes of her again in my home :(

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the title might bring out the deviant minds ;)

I thought about cutting down the cable but I don't have the tools to put BNCs on the cut end.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YONEXSP
hey Stefuel, I just said goodbye to my Ampro 4300 tonight. I sold it to a guy in Japan. What a big girl she was, will never see the likes of her again in my home :(
As long as my soldring gun still smokes, the 4600HD will hang from above :D

Chip

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW
I'm looking at a used Canare RGBHV cable. It's 50' in length. However, I will only need between 18' and 25'. Depending where I locate the equipment rack. Are there issues like degraded PQ or signal strength with longer cables? If not, how do I handle the extra length? I've read its not good to create loops in interconnect cables.
It really depends on the cable. L-5CFB will do 50' and the connectors should be Canare too.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenC
It really depends on the cable. L-5CFB will do 50' and the connectors should be Canare too.
What's L-5CFB? I assume it printed on the cable if it is?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YONEXSP
have you upgarded the c-elemts in yours to be colour corrected?
Yep, fluid change with r and g c-elements = heaven :D

Chip

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawn
You knew exactly what you were doing with that title- admit it!

:)
;) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.