AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to buy the HLN467W but my wife said lets get the HLN567W. ;-))

Now I read what is coming from Samsung in the new HLP5674W....

I would like the change in how it will be able to handle all resolutions via its component inputs.

When do you think the new HLP5674W will be out?

I know I am not the only one in this situation… What are other people doing?

Thanks!

Sean

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife said the same thing. So, we bought the HLN567W right then and there, before Christmas, and love it!

You'll very likely get months of enjoyment out of before the newer models ship in any quantity.

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
May/June? Maybe earlier. Most likely a little later.

Here is Arun Gupta's information list .

Note that the Tantus and Base models will both have a 56" set in them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in the same boat...after much research, I was all set to buy the HLN567W and now I found out about the HLP5674W and I'm not sure if I should wait for it or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ditto. I emailed Samsung USA & got back a vague reply. I sent another email(strongly worded) and got this response today:

"We receive periodically information from the headquarter in South Korea, the information and availability of new products is posted in the U.S. site samsungusa.com. We just know that the expected release date is around June 04. But unfortunately we don't have any other information.

Thank you."

Thus, I guess I'll be watching the foreign Samsung site for more info. I, too, want the new 56in Tantus tabletop model.... and yes, this poor grammatical response came directly from Samsung....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Arun/Rogo- anyone have any good reliable sources in this area? I find it hard to believe that Samsung is vague on this unlesss they have a surplus of HLN's on hand...from their availability standpoint(very limited # of retailers- big chains such as Circuit City, Best Buy, Sears, etc do not carry them...).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Circuit city carries the full line where I live and BB carries up to the 56 inch. The other two stores (one a local and the other a regional chain) both carry the full line. I think the mid year roll-out is what they always intended. I think the HLN started about June of 2003.

From a marketing standpoint I think they hinted at an earlier release just to cause a little FUD in the marketplace and perhap get some people to stall their LCD intentions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.