AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys think is a reasonable amount of time to keep a set until you upgrade.

I have a Panasonic 42S1 and plan to stay with it for atleast another two years then spring for a 14-15G Panasonic 50-60"

So what you say?

1-2

2-3

3-5

when it breaks

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman /forum/post/18137726

I spent 2K on a new tv last August. I hope it lasts at least 5 years. I don't like tossing out that much money every 2 years.

Yeah, spending a couple Thousands a year on TV is too much. I would stay with my current tv longer if it wasen't a 42" soon i will have space for a 50+ set but i want to wait a good year or two

·
Registered
16,269 Posts
I still have my 2nd generation Sammy DLP (56" 720p), and will upgrade to a 54" or 58" 1080p plasma either with a 2010 or 2011 model. IMO, PQ still looks fantastic, although I know a 1080p plasma will look even better. I personally can't justify spending my hard earned $$ to upgrade every other year, but that's an individual assessment.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetthal /forum/post/18138016

boy does the S1 seem like the Best Value.

The PQ is amazing, and i paid wayy less than a Grand for it.

I agree. I scored my 54S1 for less than $1K (pre-tax) on the weekend before BF @ Sears. I never did see a deal come along that was even close to that. Very satisfied with the price and the value!

I will need another flat screen in the next year or so for the LR. I may just go with a 50" 720P which will be dirt cheap by then.

·
Registered
240 Posts
id say when you can tell the difference b/w your tv and the new models, and that difference bothers you. I have a 32" lcd from vizio and it is one of their earlier models. I now think it is too small, and the blacks are very weak on it. It was great in college as no one had a tv as good, and it was quite the talk. now though, it is very blah. Anyways, I am upgrading now and dont plan to do so again for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.