AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 year old 43'' Pioneer plasma that I love (except for some bugs in the software). I'm wanting to replace my Sony direct view 40'' HD that is getting pretty old (no HDMI or DVI ports). But I really don't have the money to buy right now.

Is it likely that Pioneer will still be producing these units in Nov/Dec 09 time period? My thinking is that they will until the end of the model run which I would guess is around March 2010, but maybe others have heard something different.

Sorry, I'm sure this has been talked about in other threads but I was unable to find the answer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Pioneer is DONE with the HDTV market. As in they aren't making any HDTV's any longer. What's already been made in still in the warehouses is it. How long that supply will last is anyones guess. If you want one, you better get one NOW. By the time march comes around it'll likly be way to late yo get a NEW one. I found this from ConsumerReports.org

Pioneer confirmed earlier rumors that it was exiting its display business, which includes TVs. The company said it will cease new-product plasma TV production for the U.S. as of April, 2009, and that it will completely be out of the display business by March 2010. It will continue to provide service for the TVs it has sold, however.

So it's get them while you can. From this it looks like they stopped making them 3-4 months ago.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've seen a ton of 6020's at best buy. I think you will be able to find one there but only have a short time frame like a few months. Good luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew /forum/post/16937985

I have a 4 year old 43'' Pioneer plasma that I love (except for some bugs in the software). I'm wanting to replace my Sony direct view 40'' HD that is getting pretty old (no HDMI or DVI ports). But I really don't have the money to buy right now.

Is it likely that Pioneer will still be producing these units in Nov/Dec 09 time period? My thinking is that they will until the end of the model run which I would guess is around March 2010, but maybe others have heard something different.

Sorry, I'm sure this has been talked about in other threads but I was unable to find the answer.

If you go to Pioneer's USA web site, the 6020 is the only PDP that you can order from them online. The web store button on the PRO-151FD was taken down just last weekend. I was surprised that the 151 was orderable due to competition with their Elite dealer network, but I saw the "Buy Now" button just last week. All other models (5020, 500M, 600M, 141, 101, 111) do not have the button. My guess stock is low on all of them.

When the 6020 stock goes, no one knows, but it will likely be before the late fall. My local Elite dealer ordered me a 151 8 days ago and they told me it is not due here until the 14th. I am hoping it shows up and in one piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts