AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a poll, nor a serious discussion :) but of you who have recently bought a new plasma (or are about to) how long to you anticipate keeping it before replacement (bigger, cheaper, new tech, ect)? Some studies show that most should last 10-12 years if not too abused. I can see keeping my at least 5-10 years, but maybe I'm being too optimistic..

I personally am not a spoiled rich guy with a lot of money to burn, but with the convergence of great quality DVD transfers and a display worthy of playing them on, my love of movies can finally be enjoyed to the fullest. I have also been told by the "wife" that I better be sure about this and not come back in 3-4 years saying, "You know, this is ok....but now they have..." :)

Just curious....

:) ps - just so there are no wife cracks, let me say that the money making is almost exactly 50/50, we are DINK's that usually live frugally, but dvd's on a 27" tube are too much to bear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since my plasma arrived my wife has been watching more movies than ever. It pains me to think that quality plasma time will be spent this weekend on Ya Ya Sisterhood, but its not MY plasma, its OUR plasma.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I'm pretty lucky. I asked my girl what she wanted to see first, and you couldn't guess.... 2001: A Space Odyssey! Good thing the Panny's have the best black levels, that movie is all about black contrast! She's also looking forward to LOTR:FOTR EE. In fact, we have a long list of movies to see, and many of them are widescreen SF movies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.