AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liquidation of all assets begins on Saturday with going out of business sales, and must be complete by March 31. There should be some great opportunities. I will be looking for a 2nd FP for the bedroom...and I have FIOS, so I don't have to be too picky.

I plan on making friends with an employee and trying to get some information on current inventory levels.

This should be interesting, folks...when you combine this with model year-end sales, super bowl, etc....

·
Registered
73 Posts
tier 2 and 3 stuff will probably be good, but i bet tier 1 items will be marked up 50% before it gets discounted 60%

·
Registered
461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof /forum/post/15572190

Liquidation of all assets begins on Saturday with going out of business sales, and must be complete by March 31. There should be some great opportunities. I will be looking for a 2nd FP for the bedroom...and I have FIOS, so I don't have to be too picky.

I plan on making friends with an employee and trying to get some information on current inventory levels.

This should be interesting, folks...when you combine this with model year-end sales, super bowl, etc....

The deals might not be as good as you think. The liquidation isn't handled by CC, but by an outside 3rd party company. Generally when these companies liquidate they go by the original price of the product and take a percentage off of it. So if a TV was marked off 25% before liquidation, after liquidation (at least at first) will be only 10% off.

It sucks I know

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojita /forum/post/15572638

The deals might not be as good as you think. The liquidation isn't handled by CC, but by an outside 3rd party company. Generally when these companies liquidate they go by the original price of the product and take a percentage off of it. So if a TV was marked off 25% before liquidation, after liquidation (at least at first) will be only 10% off.

It sucks I know

always room for negotiations. Do your homework and don't be afraid to make an offer. You can always walk out if it's not a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Aww sh..... I wonder can I still take my Panasonic BD35 back to CC ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An educated consumer can work the system. I was at a going out of business sale for a department store. They had a Bluray player, open box, for 60% off list of $600 ($240). I told the salesperson that I could buy the same player new for $250. It was just some kid. He brought over the manager who told me to document the price and he would work with me, but he would not hold the unit. Went back the next day, now the tag on it was $70% off ($180). I walked with it for $150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.