AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many Amps will a Mirage OMD Prestige S10 Sub Pull? I plan to put it in a bonus room, but just realized I only have one 15 Amp breaker for the entire 800 square foot room. There will be a reciever, TV, and other A/V equipment not to mention the lights and a home office space. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to need to run a dedicated circuit... hoping not. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Look at the manufacturer's nameplate rating, on the amp, most likely right where the cord comes in.

Take the wattage of the device and divide by the voltage.

ie.. 300w/120v=2.5a

Remember, don't use the amp wattage, use the nameplate wattage.

One circuit should be fine, however, due to the effects of (I)squared(R) losses, all systems benefit by installing a clean, dedicated circuit.

Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH /forum/post/19613862

Look at the manufacturer's nameplate rating, on the amp, most likely right where the cord comes in.

Take the wattage of the device and divide by the voltage.

ie.. 300w/120v=2.5a

Remember, don't use the amp wattage, use the nameplate wattage.

One circuit should be fine, however, due to the effects of (I)squared(R) losses, all systems benefit by installing a clean, dedicated circuit.

Good luck

Thank you for the quick reply and the extra detail! I was just outside looking at how much spare 12 gauge electrical wire I have in the garage...

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.