AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Isabel has come and gone, how many of you lost your antenna?

I happened to be lucky and my RS 190xr made it through unscathed.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This will sound strange but mine rotated about 40 degrees west. Getting up on my roof is treacherous so I'm not going to check it out. Fortunately I have a rotor and I was able to turn it back to the optimal location. I guess the bolts could have been loose where the mast gets tightened into the clamps. There are two other places that could have been loose; the top part of the mast attached to the rotor, or the clamp on the antenna itself that attaches it to the mast.

I'm just glad it's working.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My antenna (CM 4228) survived; however, my rotor (CM 9521) did not fair as well. I'm guessing that the main rotor shaft was bent since I now have very limited rotation ability (~200 degrees worth).

I'm going to dump both the antenna and rotor. This will be the second time wind has damaged this rotor with the CM4228 over the course of three weeks. I think the weight of the antenna and its shape (like a big wind sail) are creating too my torque for this little rotor to handle during wind storms.

I haven't made my final decision, but I'm considering switching to a CM 4248 (yagi) with a NET U-106 rotor and then add on a support bearing to minimize torque on the rotor during future windy conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.