AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guide to Home Theater had a review on this *Flat* screen monitor in the December issue. Measurments are 39¼"w x 26¾"h x 34½"d it has 1 DVI w/HDCP(copy Protection) Price $2399, stand is $349 optional faceplate is $19.99-$29.99. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
FYI- they were selling these at Costco for $1699. I wasnt terribly impressed with the picture but the price isnt bad.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've spent time with this TV and I would suggest thinking twice before buying....

Terrible picture with analog sources. The new Toshiba and $ony models fair much better in this category.

The user interface is un-intuitive IMHO.

Speakers take up too much space on the sides. This TV could pass at 35" wide if speakers were on the bottom.

Newer (and nicer) sets are coming out with DVI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It will be a long time before I consider RCA ever again. And I have seen the Costco flavor as well...not impressive. Then again, there's a reason it's at costco. ;)

And Hob don't let that RCA you covet so much see you talking about a 16:9..it may get jealous.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I havn't had a chance to get to the library to check out the Dec. back issue of Stereophile Guide to Home Theater in which the RCA D34W20 was reviewed. Does anyone know how it faired in the review? I have a Toshiba 34HDX82 which I am less than thrilled with and am considering returning it and getting something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.