AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed a round dish with one dual LNB. I ran two cables to the house and both end at a twin static discharge block. Then, I ran one cable from one of these lead-ins into the house to the D* receiver so I can get signals from the 101 sat to one TV. Now, I'm thinking about replacing the round dish with an oval twin dual LNB setup. Will I now need four lead-ins from the dish to the house? My receiver is a Plus unit, and I thought I'd play around with Para Todos off of the 119 sat, and eventually get an HDTV receiver.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It depends on your location of the multiswitch. If you mount the multiswitch to the back of the dish or other location outside your house, the number of cables entering the house is the number of receivers you want to support. If you mount the multiswitch indoors, you will need 4 cables entering the house.

------------------

Mark Gibson

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mark.

That's what I thought. When I ran the second cable, I was setting up for multiple receivers, but I didn't think about multiple satellites. Oh well. I'll probably pull more cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.