AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, I have an extremely small room for my projector. About 10 feet by 12 feet so it doesn't take much to heat the room up especially when you get 2 or 3 people in there. I was wondering if 100CFm would be enough to suck the hot air from the projectors exhaust and blow it out the window using 4 inch ducting at roughly 12 feet long? I have done it with 200CFM fans, but they are very loud at about 50Db/A. I found a couple of fans that move about 100CFM at 20Db/A that are much quieter, I am just not sure if 100CFM is enough or not.

I am running an Optoma HD66 projector.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The more the better, but get an inline blower and put it at the far run of a piece of flexible, insulated duct. That way the noise is outside of the room and you will never hear it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I kind of figured the more the better, any suggestions for a blower or where to get one? Any idea what a good baseline is to start looking for a blower as far as CFM goes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.