AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heh,heh.heh, go ahead, play with the pirahna...

------------------

Bigwood

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am starting a pool on whether I am ever gonna even get one from Dell. Ordered it last Monday over the phone for $1682.40, free shipping. My order status has been in stage 2 since Tuesday. Haven't heard anything one way or the other. I am thinking I should call, but then I figure my order will be screwed if it isn't already.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well, if they are Californians, 3. . .

One to screw up the order and two to share in the experience.

But if they are Texans, probably only one and his name is Bubba.

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

(not much to do this morning, can you tell?)

Dan

·
Registered
813 Posts
So far the ONE that I have been dealing with (his voice mail actually, won't return any calls =)) has been doing a damn good job all by himself =).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just 1, a Mr. M. C. DeRosier of Customer Service who canceled my order of July 19, saying the item has been removed while other Dell CSRs are busy accepting orders even up to July 23. Instead of helping he made my situation worse and keeps on apologizing but doing nothing.

Manny

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you have an order number and the expected ship date has passed, I would call. I ordered one via the web on the afternoon of the 19th. I didn't get an order number via email, so I called the next day. They said that for some reason my credit card info didn't get transferred with the rest of my order info. So, I was apparently put on a list to be called by Dell people to get the necessary info (I take it this was a common ocurrence -- odd). Well, my call straighten it out preemptively and they said it should ship by the 25th, plus I paid extra for 2 day shipping.

When I didn't receive it on the 27th, I called again. They said they didn't know why it wasn't shipped, but they expedited my order and said it should ship within 24 hours. We'll see.

I suspect that Dell is hoping that some of these orders will fall by the wayside if they let them sit long enough. I wouldn't pester Dell, but if your ship day passes and your credit card still hasn't been charged, I'd call them.

Scott

·
Registered
53 Posts
Scott

Do have a Dell number that works?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mannyqg:
Just 1, a Mr. M. C. DeRosier of Customer Service who canceled my order of July 19, saying the item has been removed while other Dell CSRs are busy accepting orders even up to July 23. Instead of helping he made my situation worse and keeps on apologizing but doing nothing.

Manny
They did the same thing to me. I actually got an order number when I called in but the email guy cancel my order a day later. Many emails later with offers of $2600, then 20% off. After I email the link from this forum showing that they were still accepting orders for $1701, he finally gave me one for 1770 which was the original price without the discount.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I called the (800) WWW-DELL number. Go to the Home Products customer support division. At some point it gives you 7 or 8 choices. Choice 7 is "for all other inquiries" and will put you in touch with a live person.

I have never spoken with the same person twice and they have never given me any hassle about the product or the price.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.