AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to enclose my ceiling where my coax is coming into the house.

How many lines should i have for future proofing? I currently have 3 (2 sat, 1 ant.).

When i upgrade the D* to a triple LNB, will 2 coax cables still be all i need to run to my receivers?

Thanks In Advance for your opinions!

Orion

·
Registered
219 Posts
Orion,

For future proofing, I would double it to 6. If you have multiple LNBs and the HD connection, you're automatically going to need at least 3 just for the SAT system. Add one for OTA and that leaves you 2 in case of problems or future changes.

Robert

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
4 for the dish, 1 for OTA, 1 for cableTV. If you don't plan on using all the possible sevices, your plans can change or your extras can be accounted for.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have found it very difficult to forecast future needs that are driven by technology. If your situation lends itself to conduit, I would highly recommend installing at least a 2" conduit and preferably a 3". However, if there is no way to get to the entrance point in the future, then this is not a workable solution. In any case make sure you use a good quality RG6 coax.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.