AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 18" round dishes, one pointed at 101, one pointed at 119. All 4 leads from the 2 dual lnb's run to a multiswitch. The multiswitch is grounded. The 4 outputs of the multiswitch run to one side each of a diplexer. The other side of the diplexer has cable run to it. The diplexers then run into the house and other diplexers that go to the sat receiver and coax cable input on the tv as appropriate.

Because the multiswitch is grounded, do I need any other grounds in this setup, e.g. grounding blocks, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm not an electrician. Use the following info for educational purposes only...

Only one ground point is recommended.

Dish recommends a ground block outside, tied to your existing grounding rod for your service entrance panel. If you dont have a ground rod for your panel, pound one in the ground outside and bond to a cold metallic water pipe from the street. If your ground rod is inside, pound another outside and bond them together with #6 wire. #6 is current code requirements in most areas that follow the NEC. Ground rods typically accepted are 8ft copper and copper clad. It's quite difficult in my area to get an 8ft rod in without considerable difficulty.

Most DirecTV dishes have a ground tie-in right on the dish mast itself identifed by a green self-tap screw. Run a #10 ground wire from the here to an outside ground rod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.