Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a interesting thread!

1. All of the James Bond DVD discs, I have *all* but Dr. No and On His Majestys Service!

2. C. C. & Company made in 1970 AKA Chrome Hearts with Broadway Joe Namath, Ann Margret, and William Smith.

3. Extreme Prejudice, Powers Booth, Nick Nolte, and Maria Conchita Alonso

4. Andromeda Strain Athrur Hill, James Olsen

:)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
All it will take is someone else to release it to knock the price right on down, though there are probably Criterion "completetists" who would still want a full set.

I wouldn't wait too long, big fella.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Hob:

As I'm acronym "challenged", to make this thread a little clearer and possibly to get more input, please explain with OOP means.:confused:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the Criterion collection of both Hard Boiled as well as The Killer. I also have the Limited Edition release of Ghost in the Shell (region 2).

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
OOP = out of print (no longer being made)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dances With Wolves, DTS version

This one is not worth more than $40, I would guess.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moonraker from James Bond I saw a price of $80 and sold mine for that amount. You think I was hard up for cash no way, I was out for a trip to Sears and I found A Moonraker selling for $19.95 + 1.20 tax now I had 2 of Moonraker profit $58.85 since the buyer paid the shipping.

Some are begging for the James Bond DVDs. Anamorphic quite a few in 5.1 surround Sound. Why they stopped selling a fabulous series like Jame Bond who knows, maybe they're in league with George Lucas. You people that want to cash in that have a vhs tape for back up now is the time.

It is my belief The James Bond series will be released in HD-DVD, so any of you that need to save up for the HD-DVD this is how you can do it! The James Bond series was all wide screens from 1.85:1 to anamorphic 2.35:1!

I got tired last night looking thru my titles but a lot I bought that were used.

When I bought them one at a time Amazon would say their are no more used for sale, and started taking orders for their wish list. Or they say there are 14 waiting to buy this title. Amazon every sale so far wants me to sell the DVD back to them so they can get a much higher price for each that they sell to willing to pay whatever to own a OOP, it's a lucrative market AKA a sellers market! :)

O/T Check your VHS tapes of discs you already own, I found a few of the James Bond movies still wrapped in cellophane.

1998 I sold one of two that I had of a vhs movie called "One Dark Night" for $125, I still have one to watch. People that *need* to save up for when HD-DVD comes out think about selling your Vhs tapes also, the seller pays for the postage all you do is mail it to whoever bought it. Amazon or half.com will imediately put your money in your checking account upon sale, then they require you to send it media mail to the buyer within 2 days.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Little Shop of Horrors (original)

Pluton (non enhanced-original)

A Bugs Life (non enhanced-original)

Live at Knebworth

Total Recall (non enhanced-original)

Cats (original)

Super Speedway (DD 1.33 only-original)

And I'm sure lots of others I can not thank of.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by McPatrickClan
Dances With Wolves, DTS version

This one is not worth more than $40, I would guess.
There are a bunch of these at the Best Buys I've been in recently - selling for $24.95. Is this back in print?

Let's see which ones I have from memory...

1) Dead Ringers (Criterion)

2) Robocop (Criterion)

3) Silence of the Lambs (Criterion)

4) Halloween (LE)

5) Army of Darkness (LE)

6) Alien Legacy (5th Disc documentary - PLUS a sealed extra copy I'll probably get rid of

7) Evil Dead 2 (LE Tin)

8) Hard Boiled (Criterion)

9) The Killer (Criterion)

10) Seven Samurai (original Criterion first pressing with restoration example)

and all the James Bonds (these are coming back into print by the end of the year, so don't know if it counts!

Flexx

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
Moonraker from James Bond I saw a price of $80 and sold mine for that amount. You think I was hard up for cash no way, I was out for a trip to Sears and I found A Moonraker selling for $19.95 + 1.20 tax now I had 2 of Moonraker profit $58.85 since the buyer paid the shipping.

Some are begging for the James Bond DVDs. Anamorphic quite a few in 5.1 surround Sound. Why they stopped selling a fabulous series like Jame Bond who knows,...
hob,

The good news is that Bond will be back shortly. It comes off moratorium for the next release of Bond which is in November. All titles will be for sale again on DVD. So you can take a small part of your tidy profit a repurchase Moonraker. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
The James Bond series was all wide screens from 1.85:1 to anamorphic 2.35:1!
several were shot/composed for 1.66:1, such as goldfinger. some of these were matted to 1.78:1 for the DVD release

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is quite true but what I am trying to emphasize here is, no matter what OAR the movie is in James Bond they want it. for example:

GoldenEye (1995) DVD

~ Brosnan

Avg. Customer Rating:

Limited Availability

From our Marketplace Sellers

New: $59.94

Used: $47.50

Collectible: $64.94

Check amazon or half.com and see if you want to profit off of your William has informed us that November will see James Bond back on the shelf. Let's get our profit now, not wait for it to go down to below Novembers price when James Bond again is on the shelves! I am going to find out how much that C.C. & company is worth. CYA :)

O/T in 1965 when *silver* was taken out of coins I horded every dime, quarter, or half to make a killing when the Texas brothers got the price of silver up to $25 per dollar! The price is around $3 per dollar now. $1 would be 10 dimes, 4 quarters or 2 halves! I had over $1,000 in silver, mostly quarters.

Man did I make a profit when the time was right. Selling those Bond DVDs at a premium price would help those who need to save towards future or HDTVs right now would put a dent in how much of a bigger or better brand than you thought you could afford! How many hundreds of thousands out there are not *privy* to the very valuable information that our friend 'William' has given us!!!!:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hob,

it's pretty well known on the internet that the bond titles will be back late this summer to coincide with the marketing push for 'Die Another Day.' Even if that were not the case, I don't think it would be (for me anyway)worth selling the 16 bond titles I have just to repuchase them in 6 months.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Matt I being a cripple didn't even know when a new Bond film was coming out. Thank you for tellng me, their still selling above what I paid for them and I have all vhs copies including the 2 DVD discs I don't have. I might as well cash in 13 X $20 will buy a moded multi-region DVP so can order a foreign region 1 or 4 for English speaking playback. Disc of The Final Countdown and be able to watch it and others that I buy. I am still trying to find out what my others are worth.

This afternoon I will be looking into the titles of all used DVDs, to see if there is any I don't like and could still make a profit on. I have a lot of DVD tiles to look at 731, I received 2 in the snail mail today. More are ordered used and are OOP also. I don't have the little mermaid I would surely take $800 for it and search all over to see if I could find another copy somewhere. I am a good researcher for I have all the time in the world on 24/7 to go look for what I want.

This is going to be a good thread, for their are 34,328 forum members who have bought DVD, reading this thread will get them looking to see what is OOP(s) so they don't give it away for less than what it is worth!:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I recently scrounged up:

Flash Gordon

A Bug's Life (Collectors Edition)

I also have "the Little Mermaid"... it seems to get around $40 on ebay... or were there two versions?

I see the Criterion "Silence of the Lambs" gets quite a bit - I don't think I'd want it though because it appears that it's not "enhanced"

Paul

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Add to my list 4D man with Robert Lansing, Lee Meriwether, James Congdon and the debut of a child called Patty Duke Aka Patty Duke Astin 1959.

I have made an extensive search for C.C. and Company even E-bay.com never heard of it. Broadway Joe Namath, (of the N.Y. Jets football team) Ann Margaret and William Smith (Conan's Father) this must be one rare DVD movie made in 1970.

Okay let's start the bidding One million Dollars, do I hear One million dollars to start the first bid this for C.C.& Company 1st movie not included in this auction.lol

:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought that Disney Anthology set for my son about 2 years ago. Now its oop and goes for about $400 used on Amazon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.