AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TC-P65ZT60 last night, open box item, only to find out it has 2005 hours and 839 turn-ons. Is this considered high? (I don't trust the manufacturers supposed life span of these TV's) TV looks perfect, just wondering if it was a good deal or not. Paid $3500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhunkler  /t/1522064/how-many-hours-is-too-many#post_24468548


I bought a TC-P65ZT60 last night, open box item, only to find out it has 2005 hours and 839 turn-ons. Is this considered high? (I don't trust the manufacturers supposed life span of these TV's) TV looks perfect, just wondering if it was a good deal or not. Paid $3500

That's like turning your tv on every days for over 2 years. That in itself does not mean 2005 hours is a lot, but it sure says the person turned it off an on at least 2 to 3 times a day if less than a year old, which is probably the norm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,774 Posts
Hours are not too bad, insignificant considering the panel life span. Components fail before the panel, get an extended warranty if you can. I paid half that for my 65" VT with 3300 hours.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gus738

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,774 Posts
Panel half life is 100,000 hours I believe. Again realistically the boards or power supply would fail long before then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gus738

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhunkler  /t/1522064/how-many-hours-is-too-many#post_24468686


2005 hours it says. What should these sets realistically last? someone told me over 1000,000?

Half life is around 100,000 hours. So if you watched 10 hours a day, you would reach that half life in 27 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon  /t/1522064/how-many-hours-is-too-many#post_24468701


Panel half life is 100,000 hours I believe. Again realistically the boards or power supply would fail long before then.

How soon? Is it something I should have extras laying around for? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,105 Posts
Powering off and on is not a big issue. The tv is really just in standby mode, not really off per se. Now if it was unplugged that often, I would worry, as every time it was plugged back in, there would be a power surge to the power supply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhunkler  /t/1522064/how-many-hours-is-too-many#post_24468759


How soon? Is it something I should have extras laying around for? lol

As Vinnie said no one knows really could fail tomorrow could last 5 years or 10 years. Register for the manufacturer warranty if you can and get an extended warranty if possible. Panasonic will probably have parts for replacement work for at least a few years,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,774 Posts
Yeah you should be good, check it for IR ? Screen wipe should show it if there is any
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
enjoy your set if anything go to target get a surge just to protect the tv from power outages . and dont plug all your eqiupment to same receptable outlet. avr ps3/4 xbox demand more power (10a at most ) then just an indoor antenna or just a dvd or stand alone blu ray player.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top