AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Count me out. I am not sure I'll be getting anything but the core system (depending on the cost of the hard drive and whether I want wireless controllers).

I am not into any of those games except Ghost Recon 2. I also like to purchase aftermarket accessories. And, I already have an X-Box Live subscription...I can't paying for another one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Unbelievable! The higher ups at gamestop are counting on the fact that somebody will want this. Some how I doubt that all of these titles will be available at launch.

But for almost $2000 they will take your money.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Someone at Gamestop must be doing this for the publicity since I can't imagine even 100 people in the entire country willing to buy a $2000 bundle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley
Count me out. I am not sure I'll be getting anything but the core system (depending on the cost of the hard drive and whether I want wireless controllers).
If you don't get the hard drive you would than have to buy a $40 memory card simply to save your games with. Also the $400 Xbox 360 package includes the hard drive ($100) and component AV cables ($40) so economically speaking the Xbox 360 system is a far better deal than the Xbox 360 core system even if you don't factor in the other accessories.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Paul
Someone at Gamestop must be doing this for the publicity since I can't imagine even 100 people in the entire country willing to buy a $2000 bundle.
That's what I'm thinking too. I mean, this honestly can't be serious. I just love how they added this a day after the original bundles. Like the $1,200 one was selling SO well, and demand was SO high for a BIGGER BUNDLE that they just had to add a $2,000 one!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
LOL

You'd have to be the Alpha AND Omega to buy this bundle.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i think the stores will sell a bunch of these bundles. maybe not the $1000+ varieties, but there will probably be enough people who didn't put in a pre-order for the console only, or who find their local store shelves empty on launch day. rather than buy a console alone off ebay for $600 or $800 it would make sense to at least get the extra games and peripherals for the same amount of cash. it kinds of undercuts the ebayers and those looking to make a quick buck selling them during the high demand launch period. guess i may not need my second 360 pre-order after all. ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I can see the scenario for this selling:

Guy walks into store on launch day after going to every store in town, asks " Do you have any xbox 360s in stock?"

clerk: "Do you have a preorder?"

guy: "nope"

clerk: "That's fine, we have one left in stock."

guy: "Great, I'll take it!"

clerk: "That'll be $1999"

Seriously though, I would not have a problem paying $1000 for a bundle if they at least gave you some decent 5-10% discount off the individual retail price of the components. Instead they charge full retail for everything. I guess they don't want the Ebay scalpers stealing their profit margins so they are taking them at the register instead.

When I bought my Xbox 1 from EB it was part of a package where if you bought 2 games and an extra controller you got a mail-in rebate for the price on the controller. I don't see any deals like that happening this time around.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius
LOL

You'd have to be the Alpha AND Omega to buy this bundle.

I think God is a little smater than that :)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well I for one am buying two of these!! They are AWESOME!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
They should give you a faceplate that says "I droped 2g's on a ton of 360 stuff!"

I read farther down, and it looks like you do get a total of 4 controllers. Yet only one set of rechargable batteries and only one charge-and-play charger.

I agree that while this is a "hey - look at me!" ploy from the retailers, but dropping 2 grand on something like this isn't a big deal for a lot of people - of course, those people aren't hanging around in HERE. :D I've got a buddy that has an H1, a Corvette and Land Rover in his garage (can you guess that he's single?), and I know for a fact that if he was buying a 360, he'd get the biggest bundle around just to have all of that stuff whether he'd play the games or not.

I still say that if you want all the games anyways, these big bundles aren't a bad route - they're not charging you extra to send it to you all at once. But what's funny to me is that by the time you get done playing just HALF of these, the other half will probably be selling for half price.

I doubt this'll be the last big bundle we'll see. Someone out there is going to put together an Uber bundle that'll have everything 360 that'll be available on launch day.

What I wanna know is, if we're to pay 2 grand for a bundle like this, will we at least get our sweaty little paws on the goods on launch day??? doubt it! :(

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Paul

If you don't get the hard drive you would than have to buy a $40 memory card simply to save your games with. Also the $400 Xbox 360 package includes the hard drive ($100) and component AV cables ($40) so economically speaking the Xbox 360 system is a far better deal than the Xbox 360 core system even if you don't factor in the other accessories.
Yeah, I didn't see the hard drive being sold seperately. I was hoping that the old component cables for XBox would work since I had to purchase the monster cables to get the optical audio (only choice I could find at the time). I am not totally thrilled about the wireless controllers. All the ones for XBOX really suck IMHO. The mics get too much interference and I love my Halo 2 mic. All things said, I am guessing I'll have to purchase the $400 version.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Crazy...but I'm sure someone will prob do it. Just to say they did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not likely. Most launch games are so-so. I don't think the 360 will be any different. I'm not about to drop 2 G's for some crappy games I'll only play once.

·
Registered
374 Posts
uh, did you guys add up the prices? I did and it's $8 more for the Omega then buying all that crap seperately from gamestop!!

I don't think that any of their bundles offer any sort of savings incentive!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.