AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like every tv I look at and consider purchasing has about 20 people or more on here saying that it has serious issues. Just curious how many of you have no problems whatsoever with your tv and what brand/model it is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
No problems here with the following:

Toshiba 52lx177

Sony KDL46v2500

Samsung 4061f

·
Registered
351 Posts
I haven't had any problem with my 32" Sharp GP1U purchased almost a year ago. And there's a huge thread describing various problems that I should be experiencing with this set. I've even had forum members telling me that I am experiencing these problems--I'm just not aware of them (having spent several years in the display industry, I think I would know). While this forum certainly contains a lot of useful information, you can't take everything at face value.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
you will always find problems with everything, either the person doesn't like the make or model to just plan defective unites that happens more often these days.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have 4 up to 5 years old and no problems.

You have to remember that a good size number of forums posters are AV freaks of nature. If it isn't perfect and a fault no matter how trivial it is, is found, what a POS and if you ask a normal person to make a opinion on it, they'd say WTF are you seeing/hearing etc. look or sound fine to me!

·
Registered
11,578 Posts
Panasonic 32" LCD 1.5 yrs old, great PQ, but need to unplug/replug about once a month, after it refuses to turn on. No problem after the power cycle.

(2) Insignia 19" LCD no problems 6 months and 5 months.

(3) Vizio 20" (one mine and 2 parents) No problems 1 year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a Westinghouse 42TX....the thread for this unit is nothing but gripes.....I guess I need my eyes checked, I can't find any issues with it. I'm just enjoying my HDTV.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had 2 46 inch sharp LCD displays that had to go back to the store for a new model in just under a month. I finally got talked into a Sammy 61 DLP and have never looked back..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very true. I know that people without any problems aren't as likely to post about it as someone with the problems.

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Bought my son a Dell LCD HDTV for his 18th B-day...The only issue was with the inverter board went out which is the weak link in the design...$80 for new part shipped...an hour of my time...and is better than new and no issues since...I would not hesitate purchasing another LCD...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sharp 42d64u 0 issues (replacement from Sharp for banding).

Samsung LN-T5265F really no issues its just not impressive. 2 more HDTVs with 0 problems.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have not had any problems so far with my new LG 20ls7d

No problems with my Sony KDL-40v2500 after almost a year of use

Old sylvania 6615lct tv had the video inputs go bad so got the LG as replacement.

2nd sylvania tv still going strong after being own since april of 06

no problems with a prima L1510P tv

No problems with a audiovox 7 inch kitchen flipdown lcd tv

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
No problems with a Sony 40W3000 after setting the color balance - everything had a yellowish tinge from the factory, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very, very, very happy with both my Toshiba 51HX93 and Toshiba 46RF350U. HX93 is a CRT and the RF350U is an LCD. 2 people I work with both have a Philips LCD for 2 years and counting with no issues and very happy with the picture.

Correction: One of those folks has a Sharp Aquos not a Philips and they are happy with their purchase.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts