Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I purchased a Hitachi 50v500 a week ago and still waiting for it. I was totally happy with my purchase until I read some of the posting here about poor quality sets they have received. Just wondering how many members have received the the tv and are you happy about it? any problems with it? I still haven't decided whether I should keep my order and see or go for a samsung 50inch instead.

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am very happy with my set thus far. The Samsung is a very nice set too. There are some trade offs, however. Contrast ratio should be a good bit better on the Samsung, as well as overall black level. However, you might find that you're succeptable to the rainbows that it has. I am affected by something that the Samsung does. I see some rainbows, but not a tremendous amount. What does get to me more than anything, is that after about an hour of watching it, I feel sick to my stomache (like motion sickness), which is an awkward feeling, because I don't get motion sickness on boats or anything like that at all. Well, once I did, but that's when I had a really bad hangover from the night before, so that's different.

Anyways, for me the Hitachi has an excellent picture, very acceptable blacks, and the contrast ratio is pretty decent. The price was about $800 to $1000 better than I could do a Samsung at too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.