AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
I am very interested. I want a 65" lcd, but the offerings are so slim. All the release material I've read says june 09, but that obviously didn't happen. I've also heard july, then august. I just want to see this monster in a store somewhere so I can just get a look!!!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth2222 /forum/post/16853463

how many people are waiting to buy LC-65E77U ? or you going to wait till next years OLED ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------smooth2222 >>> I don't know where you're getting your information from, but i am puzzled by your certainty that there will be an OLED panel for sale within one year which will be affordable and in sizes that people actually could use at home - novelty items such as Sony's 11" OLED display that sells for more than $2.000 not included.

I've heard that Samsung, Sony and LG have shown OLED prototypes in sizes ranging up to 30" or so, but that is all, so far...

We are much more likely to be seeing 65" LCD panels using LEDs for backlight, certainly a worthwhile improvement over currently advertised 65" LCD panels that use CCFLs for backlight.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth2222 /forum/post/16866158

ya my error, i ment LED's not oled's. but is just only 2 people out of this whole forum waiting for the LC-65E77U ?

I'm very interested. I almost pulled the trigger on the last 65" Sharp D94U I think it was, but didn't want to spend 5K. Now Sony has their 65" out for 5K! But if this new Sharp comes in at $3600 or so, then it will be worth it, I think. Do you know what the substantive differences are from the SE94U 65" model. I saw that at Pacific Sales here in LA area and was really impressed with both SD/HD and Blu Ray output. That model was fairly thin design as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, almost pulled the trigger on the SES94U also, can get it for about 4500 right now, couple places have a few left. what is the model number of the sony you are talking about? wonder which is better. sony or the new sharp?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.