AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I originally planned on getting the X-Box I considered the consequences of the hardware cost and then the games. It appeared to have the potential of adding up quickly and exceeding the $500 mark.

Well, its been about two months and I've bought two games and haven't spent a moment straying from those two games. I spent 30/70% of the time playing DOA3 and Ghost Recon (XBL).

I can say the the amount of enjoyment that I have gotten from playing with friends on Saturday and Sunday evenings on XBL playing GR has made the $300 spent well worth it.

I have had those same friends offer to lend me their copies of Halo and Splinter Cell, but I cannot 'make' the time to play them as I spend much of the gaming-time playing DOA3 and GR. Am I alone in this kind of limited-title gaming behavior?

·
Registered
820 Posts
No your not alone. My problem is that I simply don't like 90% of the X-Box games out on the market. I bought an X-Box mainly for it's ability to be a computer when modified. I play more NES, SNES, and Genesis on X-Box than I do playing actual "new" games. I've transfered all of my real NES,SNES, and Genesis cartridges over to the X-Box...

·
Registered
907 Posts
I am kind of the same animal although I have had my Xbox a little longer than you. I mostly play Recon these days.

If you do get the itch for a new game, try the classics that sell for 20 bucks. I recommend Jet Set Radio Future & Max Payne. For me JSRF is much better than the Tony Hawk line. I can't do 720p but I doubt that would make the game any better for me. For 20 bucks you can hardly miss.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's the titles I have. Among these the below are the ones I'm playing at the moment.

Fatal Frame Special Edtion (JP)

Benz World Racing

Metal Gear Solid Substance

Soul Calibur 2 (JP)

Tao Feng Fist of The Lotus

The below are the ones I finished and since traded to other titles.

Burnout

Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee

Wreckless

Titles I have:

007: Nightfire

Battle Engine Aquila

Baulders Gate

Blood Rayne

Blinx Time Sweeper

Blood Omen 2

BMX XXX

Buffy The vampire Slayer

Capcom Vs SNK 2

Castle Of Shiki (JP)

Crash Bandicoot Wrath Of Cortex

Crimson Sea (JP)

Dead Or Alive 3

Dead Or Alive 3 (JP)

Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Dead To Rights

Death Row (UK)

Defender

Dragons Lair 3D

Dynasty Warriors 3

Enclave

Fatal Frame Special Edition (JP)

Fireblade

Genma Onimusha

Gun Valkyrie

Halo

Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

House Of The Dead 3

Hunter: The Reckoning

Indiana Jones and The Emperors Tomb

J-Phoenix+ (JP)

Jetset Radio Future

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

Kakuto Chojin (JP)

Kung Fu Chaos

Largo Winch (UK)

Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Marvel V's Capcom 2

Max Payne

Medal Of Honour Frontline

Mercedes Benz World Racing

Metal Dungeon

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Murako (JP)

Minority report

Myst 3

Outlaws Golf

Otoji (JP)

Pacman World 3

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Phantom Crash (UK)

Pulse Racer

Project Gotham Racing

Racing Evoluzion (UK)

Rallisport Challenge

Rayman 3

Reign Of Fire

Robotech Battle Cry

Serious Sam

Shadow Of Memories (UK)

Shenmue 2

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

Sneakers

SNK vs Capcom 2 EO

Soul Calibur 2 (JP)

Spiderman The Movie

Splinter Cell

Star wars Jedi Outcast

Star Wars Jedi Starfighter

Tao Feng Fist Of The Lotus

Tenerezza (JP)

Terminator

Tetris World

Toe Jam And Earl 3

White Out

·
Registered
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dj898

The below are the ones I finished and since traded to other titles.

Burnout

Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee

Wreckless

You finished Wreckless?!!? You talented, patient etc. etc...

What is your favorite racing title?

·
Registered
110 Posts
That would Mercedes Benz World Racing followed by PGR.

actualy I've only done half way thru Weckless but then realized that this is pretty candy with no substance I trade it to other. :)

dj

·
Registered
923 Posts
WanMan,

Only so many hours in a day. I tend to be locked into one game when I'm actually getting some serious time on a daily basis to play. For example, I've been playing Soul Calibur II on my GC exclusively since I picked it up. Luckily, the new Zelda came out a couple days before that, or I probably wouldn't have even fired it up yet :p SCII will wear out for me, eventually (I hope; its consuming me now), and then it'll probably be Zelda for a 2-4 weeks depending on how much time I can spend gaming. Of the 30 or so GC and Xbox games I have on hand at the moment, there are probably 3 or 4 that have only gotten minimal play that I really want to play more of, and then maybe 10 or so more that I have played a goodly amount but still want more. There's maybe only 2 titles I have that are likely to sit on the shelf until nostalgia kicks in sometime ;)

Kensai

·
Registered
907 Posts
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would Mercedes Benz World Racing followed by PGR.

actualy I've only done half way thru Weckless but then realized that this is pretty candy with no substance I trade it to other.

dj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had me on the Wreckless thing!

Would you compare Mercedes Benz World Racing to a Sim like Ralisport Challenge or an arcade type like PGR?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Definitely simulation like RC.

The handling is so real when I drive around in smaller car it does feel like driving a smaller car - i.e. slow and corner at mediocre speed. :)

I need decent steering wheel set up...

dj

·
Registered
568 Posts
hmm.. i'm in the opposite boat.. although I only play 1-3 at one time, I'm pretty much a videogame collector. Between the five system I play, DC, GC, XB, PS2, GBA I have well over a 100 games, but right now the only two games I play are Zelda - GC, and Soul Calibur II - GC. With Ikaruga - GC, Golden Sun II - GBA, PSO - XBox all coming out this week, there maybe some rotation... ^_^

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I keep buying new games and consoles, since christmas I have bought a PS2 and Xbox w-live, about 10 games for them, and a new HTPC for a front projector and 106" screen. But I just cant seem to stop playing Americas Army. I should probably go and get Ghost Recon for the Xbox, but that damn AAO keeps pulling me back. It is the best realism military sim ever created!

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Warren, I have not gotten into AAO, although I had downloaded it and gave it a whirl. A coworker of mine like it a lot until he got into Ghost Recon on XBL. Now we both get together with 2-3 others from work to play on Live. I stopped playing Conter-Strike because of it, and I had played it for three years.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Quote:
I need decent steering wheel set up...

dj
If you find a good one, let us know! I have the Mad Catz MC2 & it is awful. Nothing like the cheap Mad Catz wheel I have for the PC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was playing splinter cell on my Uber Laptop for a few days, but then Soul Calibur 2 showed up, and put a vice grip on me.

Only thing I don't really like about it is the dungeon levels in Edge Master mode. If you can't read Japanese, you will be wondering why the hell you fight the same dude over, and over, and over, and over, etc.. at least it is easy to figure out if you need to do air combos or some such to kill them;)

I used to be a Taki Man in the past games, now I am a Link man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
DJ... you've got a nice collection of games. Does Hitman 2 for 'Box support DD 5.1, 480p, or any other features that'd make me wanna buy it over another version?

·
Registered
463 Posts
dj898...

WOW...You have a BOATLOAD of games for your Xbox...That is one hell of an investment. You've got close to 100 titles...How can you afford them all???

I thought I had a sweet collection of video games going...but you proved me wrong. Although, my collection covers multiple systems, including the Sega Saturn.

Game On!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have about 7 games but for some reason the won I play 90% of the time now is Serious Sam. I don't know if any of you guys have tried this but its probably the funnest fps out there, maybe not the best but the funnest. I have Halo, Medal of Honor, Time Splitters 2, Agent Under Fire, and whenever I go back to play any of these I find myself wondering where all the enemies are. Serious Sam throws horde after horde of enemies. The fact that it is about $20 at Best Buy, probably cheaper online makes it all the better. If any of you guys try it out make sure you play past the first few levels because they suck. Oh and put the difficulty up to Normal or Serious this will increase the amount of enemies. Have fun and tell me what you think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.