AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dune HD Smart H1 media player has the option to put a hard drive in it.

I just bought a 2 Terabyte Western Digital GreenPower hard drive and I want to put in my Dune HD Smart H1 but I don't know if it will over heat and damage my Dune. Currently I just connect the Dune to USB portable drives for .mkv movie watching.

Do you think it is safe to put the hard drive in it to play movies?

Anyone does this?

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin /forum/post/20807360

The Dune HD Smart H1 media player has the option to put a hard drive in it.

I just bought a 2 Terabyte Western Digital GreenPower hard drive and I want to put in my Dune HD Smart H1 but I don't know if it will over heat and damage my Dune. Currently I just connect the Dune to USB portable drives for .mkv movie watching.

Do you think it is safe to put the hard drive in it to play movies?

Anyone does this?

I HAVE THE SAME hd IT WORKS FINE WITH NO OVERHEATING PROBLEMS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been using a WD 2 TB green in my H1 for months with no issues either. If you are worried, install it and monitor the heat levels when you are using it for a while. I don't think you will have any issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
probably a dumb question...but I can't seem to figure out how to get content on the HDD. I won't be able to network the D1 for a while so I bought a 1.5TB drive for it in the meantime. Drive is formatted and has latest firmware, but how do I go about adding content to it? TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.