i heard you can buy another lnb and put it in the middle

i have another room i want to ad sat to

is this possible or what should i do?? thanks

------------------

Kevin Luther

·
Registered
638 Posts
Unless you expect to have 6 different people are watching different shows on all 6 TVs then you might be better off just wiring one (or two) of your rec'rs to multipe rooms then buying an additional UHF remote to operate of those recr's (I believe that at least the Mits has a UHF remote). As far as doing the wiring runs you could just use regular RG59 (or RG6) to make it easier. If the rec'r doesn't output a modulated signal, then you can buy a cheapie modulator for like $10-20 that can take a composite input an modulate it to channel 3 or 4 (along with the audio).

I myself currently have one Dish Network box running to 4 televisions in my home. Since it's just my wife and I, it doesn't make sense to buy (and install) 4 STBs (and pay they extra $5/month fee).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by STL:
Unless you expect to have 6 different people are watching different shows on all 6 TVs then you might be better off just wiring one (or two) of your rec'rs to multipe rooms then buying an additional UHF remote to operate of those recr's (I believe that at least the Mits has a UHF remote). As far as doing the wiring runs you could just use regular RG59 (or RG6) to make it easier. If the rec'r doesn't output a modulated signal, then you can buy a cheapie modulator for like $10-20 that can take a composite input an modulate it to channel 3 or 4 (along with the audio).

I myself currently have one Dish Network box running to 4 televisions in my home. Since it's just my wife and I, it doesn't make sense to buy (and install) 4 STBs (and pay they extra $5/month fee).
you are the man yo ujust gave me an idea

yes the misti has an rf remote and ir i could just use the normal tv output off of the receiver and run it to the other room

i have some wireless a/v senders but to get it to normal composite video out you have to shut off hd and its a pain for other people to do that.

and yes hehe sometimes every tv is on and someone is watching something

sooo ill have to think about this a little more sine it would be a pain to run the wire less i go under the carpet and through a few walls

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
yor oval dish will support 4 receivers as it will almost certainly have a 4X4 22KHz multiswitch. the third LNB position ( sat c ) is for the 110 satellite un less you are in NC there is nothing to be had from that sat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.