AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help before the Superbowl Comes!!!

I have a big room (maybe 25x25) with 2 bipoles on the side and I need to know if I should add one more bipole in the center. I also want to make sure it looks good with three speakers or if it would it look better with a picture in the center.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquize /forum/post/0

I need help before the Superbowl Comes!!!

I have a big room (maybe 25x25) with 2 bipoles on the side and I need to know if I should add one more bipole in the center. I also want to make sure it looks good with three speakers or if it would it look better with a picture in the center.

Thanks for the help.

Picture will certainly look better than most speakers, but you won't get any audio/sound from them ...
Just kidding.

What else you have in your setup?

Obviously you will have front 3 speakers and they will do much of the work for filling the room. From your seating arrangement it seems that you can do a 7.1 setup too, as there is enough space behind the listening position. Take a look at the following image from Dolby for speaker placement guideline

·
Registered
31,231 Posts

Quote:

I have a big room (maybe 25x25) with 2 bipoles on the side

Looking at the pic you posted, those bipoles look like they are behind the listening area, not at the sides. Are you able to place surround speakers directly to the sides of the listening area?

Sanjay

·
Registered
We just moved, it's in shambles!
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs /forum/post/0

Picture will certainly look better than most speakers, but you won't get any audio/sound from them ...
Just kidding.

Well... that's not entirely true anymore.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:

Can't place speakers directly to the side because one side is open and the other side has windows down the side.

In that case, staying with the current setup will perhaps be better. Adding more speakers in the rear will not improve your surround experience.

What speakers you have in fronts and surrounds (can't make out anything from the picture)? Which receiver/amp you have?

You may end up playing them louder than normal, so think about your receiver/amps too. If necessary and if your receiver has pre-outs for amp, you can add an external amp temporarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.