Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this years models of course? im comparing 5020 vs pro 111

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, looking to replace my 650 with either the 5020 or the 111 and am moments away from pulling the trigger.

i doubt i could have buyers remorse picking the 5020 though

so are the black levels about equal at pretty much 0

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
equal black levels. they use the same glass and processor. the elite/signature models have a slightly different bonded color filter on the glass. plus settings to allow for a full isf calibration and ISFccc capabilities using ControlCal from Turbe.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
if money isnt the issue here, go with the elite and have it pro calibrated. black level should be same tho but the elites can reach perfection while the non-elites cannot (color inaccuracy, gamma).

edit: wow, nice home theater indeed. i take it you're looking to replace the living room sammy with a kuro?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle83 /forum/post/15425790

this years models of course? im comparing 5020 vs pro 111

Blacks might be the same, but that is not all there is to a completely perfect picture, Pure mode alone on the Elite models is worth every penny alone, plus all the individual color adjustments, like the saying goes, you get what you pay for. My next PDP will be a 60-65 inch Elite Kuro.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts

Quote:
how much blacker is the elite over the non elite?

VERY easy answer.

ZERO!

They are both identical as far as blacks go.

had both, no difference

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S /forum/post/15426795

What do you like and what do you dislike about the 650?(plasmaI'm guessign and not 650 lcd)

That will help with this choice.

nope it was the 52a650 lcd. some clouding issues and overall panel inconsistency

im ready to be done nitpicking with the geometry issues i had with my sony a3000, and now clouding and viewing angle issues associated with my 650

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
threw an accurate picture, with great black levels for an lcd. beatiful set. if i had a better panel with zero clouding i wouldve been content with the set until i couldve purchased a 60" elite down the line and moved the sammy to a different room.

as it is now im able to sell the 650 and get a kuro for only about 800 bucks more, so im not losing much if anything on the deal

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
$800 to get an elite or non-elite?

What I was trying to get at was the IQ attributes you care most about....since color accuracy is one of those I'd be awefully tempted to go the Elite route.

Not that the non-elite after calibration isn't good, it is, but not quite on sammy lcd or plasma level.(or elite kuro)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to get the non elite

ill have someone controlcal calman calibrate it. keep in mind i have a jvc rs1x in my theater and i love the picture it throws , so to say colors need to be dead on isnt exactly my number one goal

plus the only thing that beats a kuro, is an elite. no doubt about it

for me i feel id rather jump to a 60 inch non elite over the 50 inch elite for almost the same price diffrence

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.