AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
1. You spelled "curvature" wrong.

2. T-Bone said "If you take a Band-Aid that's 4 in Long and wrap it around the sides of a Coke can... Is the Band-Aid still 4 in long? It is. The linear length of your curved screen does not change." to which you said "Wasn't your first response to tell me that the curve is the same distance as the straight line because of the coke can and the bandaid?" - are you even reading people's responses? T-Bone's response was completely correct, your response was a complete misinterpretation of what he said.

3. T-Bone said "Adjust the zoom, lens shift if needed, and focus of the projectors." to which you replied "Your advice is to adjust zoom, lens shift, and focus of two projectors every time" - LOL, another complete misinterpretation; he wasn't giving you advice...he was saying this is what you'll HAVE to do when switching between the screens, and I agree. If you think you'll be able to align projectors perfectly between two screens that sit at different distances from the projector, you're completely deluding yourself.

You seem to come on here to be affirmed, not to be informed.

You have a massive arrogance about the way you post. Yeah, I said "arrogance". I'm sure it's unintentional. But you seem to think other people's time is less valuable than yours, so you saddle the forum with doing a bunch of the work for you, taking time of their days to read and answer these massive tomes you write. Do some of the work for yourself. You come across as massively entitled.

I wish you would spend a lot less time writing novels to people who disagree with you, and work on your home theater instead of spending so much time typing.
Honestly, why do you cape for T-Bone anyway? I feel like maybe he PM'd you or something to back him up as a friend in all the disagreements he gets into, but that's really unfair to you if that's the case. I honestly can't remember many issues with you misunderstanding something I posted, or giving completely inaccurate advice, but T-Bone seems to misunderstand half the comments I write. It's like going to a bar with a friend every night who can't help trip on own shoelaces every every other night, fall onto someone's girlfriend's lap, and create a bar fight that is nothing but bad for their friend.

How many times do you keep going out with that friend? In just this thread alone, there have been so many misunderstandings, untrue claims, and bad advice, and almost all of them from him.

False claim #1: my pulldown screen has no bearing on my potential curved screen size calculation. It does and I explained why three times and he still misses it.
False claim #2: That bringing up this detail changed my original query in the original post. It didn't, it was just extra information to explain to someone why I made the query. The query never changed.
False assumption #3: Double stacking projectors for passive 3D provides double the brightness of just having one of those projectors with active 3D. No one can confirm 100% but most say it doesn't because it's still only one projector per eye.
False assumption #4: Active glasses lose less light than passive glasses. Generally they lose more.
False claim #5: Using two separate screens without re-zooming projectors won't work (that one's yours but it's the only one).
False assumption #6: My projector is probably defective because in only 3 hours of testing with 1 source there is motion smear.
False claim #7: A curved line between two points is the same distance as a straight line.
False example #8: The example he used to "prove" this of wrapping a bandaid around a coke can. Putting a bandaid around a coke can in a circle is connecting a curved line to meet at the same point, not at two different points like a curved screen. Whoops!!! But I misspelled a word so you're definitely caping for the right side in this disagreement, definitely! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
False claim #9: That anamorphic lenses correct pincushion distortion. As far as I know, they cause it.
False claim #10: Saying I ignored advice of avs forum members, and think I know better than people with more experience on avs forum, because of the projectors I bought. They were recommended by people on avs forum!!!

That's ten false claims by you guys, nine from him one from you, in my thread, completely derailing it. And you guys have like 100 times more experience with HT than I do, so why am I the one correcting you guys? Because I'm actually humble enough to ask questions when I don't know the answer to something, instead of pretending I already know the answer. That way, I learn.

TEN false claims. In one thread. Which is only like 1 or 2 pages long I think. Ten!!!!! And there may even be more, I didn't reread all the posts. So if you want to call me arrogant, or you get some sort of feeling like I'm looking down on you guys, no, I'm not looking down on you guys, or other posters. When I repeatedly say 5+5 = 10, and the same posters keep disrupting my thread to tell me that 5+5 = 20, and that I only think 5+5 = 10 because I don't listen to people with more experience than me, just ask yourself, how would you react? Would you look up to someone who thinks 5+5 = 20 and thinks then constantly badgers you when you politely mind your business and go on with your plans back in reality where 5+5 = 10?

I don't look down on you guys at all. On certain subjects, you both know your stuff, and have provided educational and very valuable posts in the past, that I am very grateful about! But with T-Bone in particular, there have also been too many misread paragraphs and incorrect assertions for me to even count, and those have been interspersed with an extremely condescending attitude, insults, and so on. Then when I've asked him to stop, and pointed these things out, he's accused me of exactly what he's done, just as you did here calling me arrogant. Oldest trick in the book. But it's been done so much, I wonder, maybe you guys actually believe I'm the one doing all this, not you guys?

So I don't want to embarrass anyone, but this needs to stop, so I'm making this post. Ten false claims (or more) in one thread should be irrefutable. I'm still learning about this stuff so maybe I got one wrong, it doesn't matter, there are probably more that he made that I didn't go back and check. Whether it's nine, whether it's fifteen, it doesn't matter. That's too many times to be wrong in one thread, especially when every time you are wrong, I get blamed for it. I especially made the list for you fatheron so you can see what you keep defending, going to bat for, and blaming me for. It doesn't get any more crystal clear than this. If you keep it up, that just proves without any doubt what it really is, and that would be exactly what you accused me of. The word starts with A and ends with T. Or try a three letter word that starts with e and ends with o. Think Guardians of the Galaxy 2. After this post, you should never wonder again, ever, who to defend any time T-Bone starts trying to hijack another one of my posts. It doesn't get any more clear.

Now please, let me topic get back on topic. Does anyone know for sure whether curved screens are measurements are done straight from horizontal border to horizontal border, or along the curve?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you truly think this, and you can't understand even a basic concept such as this, your project definitely will fail, because it's complicated, and because you can't understand basic concepts. You have TWO people telling you you're incorrect about this, and you still hold fast to your wrong conclusion. I'm done, too. I've subscribed to almost every one of your threads, because it's like watching a train wreck. I can't take my eyes off of it. This project will be a spectacular failure.

You COULD ask to be educated about why your '| is longer than (' conclusion is false, but I know you won't. Again, you don't come to this forum to learn.
Ever heard the expression, "the shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line"? That means a non straight line is a less short distance. A curve is not a straight line, so that would qualify.

You are 100% wrong.

you can't understand basic concepts.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Honestly, why do you cape for T-Bone anyway? I feel like maybe he PM'd you or something to back him up as a friend in all the disagreements he gets into, but that's really unfair to if that's the case. I honestly can't remember many issues with you misunderstanding something I posted, or giving completely inaccurate advice, but T-Bone seems to misunderstand half the comments I write. It's like going to a bar with a friend every night who can't help trip on own shoelaces every every other night, fall onto someone's girlfriend's lap, and create a bar fight that is nothing but bad for you.
What in the hell are you talking about? You're utterly unbelievable. Could you embarrass yourself more, or come across as more paranoid? Good lord. I am not responding to you anymore. The arrogance that I should read all the nonsense you write, is beyond belief.

Reactions: T-Bone

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
False example #8: The example he used to "prove" this of wrapping a bandaid around a coke can. Putting a bandaid around a coke can in a circle is connecting a curved line to meet at the same point, not at two different points like a curved screen. Whoops!!! But I misspelled a word so you're definitely caping for the right side in this disagreement, definitely! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Again, YOU made a false conclusion. His example said NOTHING of the bandaid completely circling the can. Just wrapped around an arc (subset) of the circle of the can. But his point was THIS and ONLY THIS: The band-aid is still 4 inches long, regardless or how curved it is. The LINEAR length of the bandaid does not change.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
^^^ This is what you wrote. READ IT.
Start and finish at the same points. The straight line starts at point A, ends at point B. The curved line starts at point A, ends at point B. They both start and finish at the same points, A and B respectively.

What, you thought I meant they both start and finish at the same point, singular? Like the coke can example? But why the heck would you ever think that when the coke can example has no bearing on a screen? A curved screen has a very minor curve to an otherwise horizontal surface. Of course I am talking about from one point on one side of the screen to another on the other. Points. The only reason there would ever be any ambiguity about something this basic is because T-Bone introduced a completely round coke can into your thoughts that had nothing to do with anything, and completely confused you.

This is exactly what I meant by the bar example, by the way.
What in the hell are you talking about? You're utterly unbelievable. Could you embarrass yourself more, or come across as more paranoid? Good lord. I am not responding to you anymore. The arrogance that I should read all the nonsense you write, is beyond belief.
You're utterly unbelievable. Did you see the list? You were wrong ten times in one page. Will you even admit to half of them? Admit to being wrong just five of those ten times, go on. I bet you can't do it. You've done almost nothing but misinterpret my posts, insult me, derail my posts and topics, and be wrong constantly since I joined the forum. Every once in awhile you make an informed, helpful post, and I always give you credit when you do, but that doesn't excuse your posts towards me a majority of the time.

Even this is more evidence. You're done responding to me now? Why just now? It's already been a month or two since you said I'm a troll, and something is "not right" with me, and "I think I'm onto you."

Saying "I think I'm onto you" to a stranger on a forum trying to put together his home theater, who literally posts about nothing but home theater gear the entire time. Isn't that something a paranoid person would say? That just makes this about the 100th time you've projected your own stuff onto me. I don't need your "help," I don't want your "help," your "help" is not helpful at all 99% of the time, and there are plenty of people on the forum who actually understand what they're talking about and make educational posts without getting ten things wrong in one page of posts, and then insulting other people for the trouble.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You said:

| is longer than ( if they both start and finish at the same points

PLEASE read this and note the word I bolded.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The only reason there would ever be any ambiguity about something this basic is because T-Bone introduced a completely round coke can into your thoughts that had nothing to do with anything, and completely confused you.
I already explained this. YOU made the assumption about going all the way around the can. I did not. He was talking about a subset/arc of the can.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You were wrong ten times in one page. Will you even admit to half of them?
Again, what are you talking about? Your list, by your own admission, was about t-bone mostly, not me. Do you even know who you're replying to when you accuse people of things?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Again, YOU made a false conclusion. His example said NOTHING of the bandaid completely circling the can. Just wrapped around an arc (subset) of the circle of the can. But his point was THIS and ONLY THIS: The band-aid is still 4 inches long, regardless or how curved it is. The LINEAR length of the bandaid does not change.
In this coke example a flat screen would go directly through the can, and a curved screen would be like a bandaid only going halfway around the can. Going halfway around a circle is longer than the diameter of the circle across. You and him are 100% incorrect with is example, and your conclusion is completely false. I already said I did not and will not go back and waste my time rereading this stuff. You can point out I misspelled one word, you can argue "actually he was only wrong with the coke example in one way, not two ways," it's completely irrelevant whether he made 10 false claims, 9 and a half false claims, or 15 false claims. You're grasping at straws to avoid acknowledging the whole picture, which is that you are taking a poster's side who made 10 false claims, probably more, in one page of a thread, while telling someone else they don't understand basic concepts.

How many false claims did I make in this thread? How many false claims did T-Bone? Exactly, so why are you saying anything negative about my comprehension skills that you aren't saying even more strongly to T-Bone?

Right? I mean, it's self-explanatory. The hypocrisy is beyond belief.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If you take a 5" strip of material, and curve it, it's still 5" long. That's ALL we're saying. You're muddling and making it WAY more complex than it needs to be. The LINEAR (note that I'm saying LINEAR) length of the material is STILL 5" long. That's ALL.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Again, what are you talking about? Your list, by your own admission, was about t-bone mostly, not me. Do you even know who you're replying to when you accuse people of things?
That was directed at T-Bone. My formatting got messed up. Hey, you have no argument from me, you guys misspelled one less word than I did in this topic, that I am aware of, and now you can add one less formatting mistake too. It doesn't change anything regarding the disagreement about the actual subject. Keep in mind I am responding, more like fact checking like a school teacher going through homework where half of the work is wrong and needs correcting, to two people, and you each are only responding to one. I have to keep track of more and respond quicker to keep up, but still you don't see me thinking a curved line between two points is as short as a straight line, or all the other "basic concepts" he got wrong.

I swear, there were plenty of times he did it in the past where I even refrained from mentioning it, or I took the blame, or I said something positive to him anyway. I even liked one of his comments very very recently. We're all human beings at the end of the day, and these disagreements are stupid. But he seems to just have it out for me, and keeps saying things about my posts that aren't true.

The only way to correct things that are untrue is to say what is true. I'm sure T-Bone is a good guy, and he knows a lot about Home Theater, and it sounds like he has an amazing home theater, but, his characterizations of me, his interpretations of my posts, and many of his assertions, have been untrue, and his errors often interfere with my business on avsforum, so I felt like I needed to clear the air once and for all and put a mirror up to all the things he's been saying.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In this coke example a flat screen would go directly through the can, and a curved screen would be like a bandaid only going halfway around the can. Going halfway around a circle is longer than the diameter of the circle across.
You just added a variable....two different width screens. If you take a screen that's 120" wide, and wrap it around a curved surface, the screen is still 120" long. Sigh. Again, if you can't understand this, I don't know what else to say.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you take a 5" strip of material, and curve it, it's still 5" long. That's ALL we're saying. You're muddling and making it WAY more complex than it needs to be. The LINEAR (note that I'm saying LINEAR) length of the material is STILL 5" long. That's ALL.
Of course but now the 5" strip is no longer spanning 5" horizontal, it is spanning less than that. Which is a basic concept that I understood when I made the topic. That is the whole subject of the topic. Everyone knows basic 5 year old math. Because these two distances are different, I made a topic asking how the official specs for curved screens are measured, along the curve, or horizontal?

If I buy a "130 inch wide curved screen," does that mean the curve is 130 inches, and therefore the distance straight across is only, I dont know, 125 inches, or does that mean the curve is, I dont know, 135 inches, or whatever it takes to make it 130 across?

And I already typed almost this exact thing earlier in the thread, so why would you say I don't understand it? You guys are all over the place. Did you see the list? The coke can is just one out of ten. Are you really telling me he didn't get those things wrong? Even if I am wrong about half of that list, wrong about 5 of the 10, that would still leave 4 or 5 things he was wrong about, so you should be talking down to us both equally. "Technology, your product will fail because you don't understand basic concepts. But T-Bone, you fail to understand basic concepts just as much as he does."

But you don't say that. You're a completely onesided poster. And that example of 5/10 was me being generous. I think he got all 10 wrong, and only have slight remaining unknowns about 1 or 2 of them. With the majority of them there is not even any ambiguity. So why are you never critical of him, only of me? That seems hypocritical. Out of the 10 things I said he got wrong, why are you grasping at straws for 1 of the 10 to try to say he didn't get it wrong, instead of bringing up the other 9 to say "yeah you make a good point, he probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone about lack of knowledge, research, etc".

And as I said, I gave him credit plenty of times, I give him credit, he knows a lot about Home Theater. He's made insightful posts before that were true. But this thread was not his finest hour, and it's frankly ridiculous that you would still, even after I pointed those things out, try to put any blame on me for it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You said:

| is longer than ( if they both start and finish at the same points

PLEASE read this and note the word I bolded.
Funny as heck that you haven't responded to this one. :)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
False claim #1: my pulldown screen has no bearing on my potential curved screen size calculation. It does.
False claim #2: That bringing up this detail changed my query. It didn't, it was just extra information to explain to someone why I made the query. The query never change.
False assumption #3: Double stacking projectors for passive 3D provides double the brightness of just having one of those projectors with active 3D. (As far as I know) it doesn't.
False assumption #4: Active glasses lose less light than passive glasses. Generally they lose more.
False claim #5: Using two separate screens without re-zooming projectors won't work (that one's yours but it's the only one).
False assumption #6: My projector is probably defective because in only 3 hours of testing with 1 source there is motion smear.
False claim #7: A curved line between two points is the same distance as a straight line.
False claim #9: That anamorphic lenses correct pincushion distortion. As far as I know, they cause it.
False claim #10: Saying I ignored advice of avs forum members, and think I know better than people with more experience on avs forum, because of the projectors I bought. They were recommended by people on avs forum!!!

That's ten false claims by you guys, nine from him one from you, in my thread, completely derailing it.
1. Screen size be it flat curved fixed or pull down is dependent upon lumen output, room constraints, screen material, throw distance, etc. You're pull-down screen only affects the size of your curved screen if you make it a dependency.

2. We'll just have to disagree on this.

3. I never said that. Post a quote.

4. I never said that. Post a quote.

6. That was definitely me. But it was not an assumption. It was a presumption.

Your post stated that your PlayStation never had an issue outputting 24p blu-rays. Yet when connected to this projector you get motions smear. I saw your post asking about other people settings for their projectors and they are not experiencing smear. You said you changed the HDMI cables and had no effect on the smear. Is only two options left. The device is defective, or your settings are not configured properly. Assuming that you have your settings set up properly, there's a good probability that you got to defective unit.

7. I never said that. Post a quote.

8. This is your misinterpretation that has been covered already. You know the circumference of a Coke can is not 4 in. So if I take a 4-in Band-Aid and wrap it around a Coke can you know it's not going to go completely around the coke can.

9. I never said that. Post a quote. I am aware that anamorphic lenses cause pin Cushion. That's why you need something like the Geobox 602 to reverse the effects of the anamorphic screen pin cushion effect.

A. Sony OLED TV sat in a box for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and you're asking people what you have to do to set it up. They told you for weeks to open it up and turn it on and you never did it. Well, you did it after 3 weeks. You still ignored their advice.

B. And don't let me go into the whole fiasco of you with your 4K streaming to your OLED TV when you kept complaining about the ethernet cable affecting your speed for 4K streaming.

C. Your Infinity speakers that you bought Black Friday went so many months before they were even used. In fact I don't even think you set them up yet just to hear how they sound in your room. Many of us told you to get him out of the box and set them up in your room. Which would have been especially helpful in that thread when you were asking about toe in. I bet they're still sitting in a box today.

-T

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You just added a variable....two different width screens. If you take a screen that's 120" wide, and wrap it around a curved surface, the screen is still 120" long. Sigh. Again, if you can't understand this, I don't know what else to say.
Oh man. Please see the first post in this thread.

2. If I get a 130 inch diagonal 2.35:1 curved screen, is that now less than 130 inches because of the curve? Like if I set up the geobox to make a 130 inch diagonal curved image, will it be calculating 130 inches length along the curve of the screen, or calculating it horizontally in a straight line (which would then require less length than the curved image, if you see what I mean. You get somewhere faster in a straight line than a curved line because it's a shorter distance. Depending on the curvature, either it would make an image 130 inches measuring horizontally, and maybe 135 inches measuring along the curve, or it would make an image 130 inches measuring along the curve, and maybe 125 inches horizontally, and when I plan my setup, I do not know which way it will measure.
It's not two different sized screens. It's one sized screen with two possible ways of measuring (and specing) the size, so I made a thread to ask which way to measure. Do you measure the way where a "130 inch (wide) screen" is 130 inch inches across in a straight line, but about 135 inches along the curve, or do you measure the way where a "130 inch (wide) screen" is 130 inches along the curve, and maybe 125 inches in the straight line?

One sized screen, but two ways of measuring.

Look, no hard feelings. I never assumed either you or T-Bone were stupid. These are the types of misunderstandings that happen over the internet. You write one word in a sentence meaning one thing, the other person reads it as something else, and the whole discussion goes off the rails, and people talk across purposes. We just saw it happen with the word "points" in the recent example. I just think maybe, due to my being new to the forum, you guys maybe mistook that for sheer stupidity, and assumed that I was stupid, and started projecting that assumption onto my posts. The only reason my project might fail is in the physical execution. I have never aligned anamorphic lenses before, so no matter if you're intelligent or unintelligent, experience can count for a lot, and maybe I will struggle to do it. That is always possible. But nothing is going to fail because I "can't grasp simple concepts." Now that you called me arrogant I don't feel like I can really say much more in my defense without you using it to criticize me more, but take my word for it, if you think I can't grasp complex concepts, let alone simple concepts, you mistook my newbness at Home Theater stuff for stupidity, and if you care at all about being fair to me and coming to true conclusions, you should re-evaluate. As for my opinion of you, I never thought you couldn't grasp simple concepts in the first place, so I don't need to re-evaluate in order to not think you can't.

Funny as heck that you haven't responded to this one. :)
Actually I did, along with every other... claim... in the thread: How much curviture is good for watching 3D content on a.... Now it's 2-1 on the formatting/spelling/irrelevant mistakes :D Don't call it a comeback...

There's actually a whole list of things you haven't responded to, but this is so childish and not productive for anyone so we're probably all better off not to keep engaging this.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
@Technology3456 you used the word "longer" instead of "shorter" in the quote. But you won't admit you messed up.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
@Technology3456

I did a quick Google search. On how curved screens on measured. According to my friend google, even though a screen is curved, they are measured from top left corner to bottom right corner using a straight line. That means when you purchase a 130 inch curved screen, you will actually have more surface area than a 130 in flat screen.

So while I cannot confirm that every screen is measured in the same way, meaning using a straight line from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, I know the one below is.

Maybe if you took my advice, and other people's advice multiple times to use Google, you could have gotten the answer in 30 seconds. I googled "how is the diagonal of a curved screen measured"

Example. The description even gives you an indication of how much curve there is. One user said the center of the screen is about 4 to 5 in further back than the front edges of the screen. But there is an official description of curvature from the manufacturer.

Elite Screens Lunette 2 Series, 120-inch Diagonal 16:9, Curved Home Theater Fixed Frame Projector Screen, CURVE120WH2, cinewhite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMMLFMM/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_glc_fabc_R5EVMA27TQZP6GB04T61

The main point that I was trying to make in a follow-up post I think it was the first post I made, was that if you're using a video processor like the geobox, just feed it the parameters it's looking for. But you wouldn't have known that because you never opened the damn manual that's available for free online.

Geez, I feel like I'm doing the work for you. I'm googling how screens and measured so that solves that problem. I opened up the manual and got the answer that you need but I'm not going to tell you. You got to do your own work.

-T

Reactions: fatherom

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
1. Screen size be it flat curved fixed or pull down is dependent upon lumen output, room constraints, screen material, throw distance, etc. You're pull-down screen only affects the size of your curved screen if you make it a dependency.
:D Throw enough random factoids at the wall and see what sticks? "You're pull-down screen only affects the size of your curved screen if you make it a dependency". @fatheron spelling/grammar police please? T-Bone, I'm glad you agree that in my setup where there is, to use your word for the sake of responding, a dependency, the "pull-down screen ... affects the size of the curved screen." Exactly, and because it affects it, it has a bearing. For me. For my setup. Which this topic is about, and which you were responding to. So yes your claim about thsi was 100% false.

2. We'll just have to disagree on this.
There's nothing to disagree about. How did explaining the reason for my query change the query itself? You can't provide a reason because there is none. So that's two.

3. I never said that. Post a quote.
Here:

The main reason was during an era of dim projectors. So the double stacking was a solution to a problem that no longer exists.
You equate passive 3D double stacking with extra brightness over single projector 3D, which means you think double stacking increases the brightness. Three.

4. I never said that. Post a quote.[/QUOTE]

Here:

So, could I design you a system? Sure I could. But remember when you throw in the initial constraint of filters that are going to reduce the lumen output by 75%, then that is a huge constraint. And that will limit choices.
You imply that 75% light reduction with passive filters is a contrast that I threw in by my specific choice of passive 3D filters, and that this wouldn't be a problem with active 3D that you are always recommending I use. Otherwise if you were aware active 3D glasses took that much light, plus you were also under the impression that passive double stacked projectors increased the brightness and this is the main reason to do it (which is false assumption 11 that I forgot about until now), then there would be no reason to say I introduced this constraint of 75%, which is technically false assumption #12 but I'll just count it part of the general one I mentioned already.

You won't admit to any of it though so why bother wasting any more of my time?

A. Sony OLED TV sat in a box for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks
I had to get it on Black Friday before the deals ran out, it doesn't mean I had the room ready to set it up yet. You have no idea what was going on in my life at the time, and it's really none of your business. I can keep my stuff in boxes as long as I want, it's not your business, period. And definitely not something you should make assumptions about when you have, what, 1% of the information about it?

And don't let me go into the whole fiasco of you with your 4K streaming to your OLED TV when you kept complaining about the ethernet cable affecting your speed for 4K streaming.
You mean when I didn't know if my router max speed beign less than my internet connection could cause bottlenecking? Legitimate question. Everyone said no but I finally found a computer expert who said yes it can, and that it was possibly the issue.

Your Infinity speakers that you bought Black Friday went so many months before they were even used. In fact I don't even think you set them up yet just to hear how they sound in your room. Many of us told you to get him out of the box and set them up in your room. Which would have been especially helpful in that thread when you were asking about toe in. I bet they're still sitting in a box today.
Like all your other tired narratives, asked and answered. These speakers require an AVR. I didn't pick out my x4500H AVR until months later. I had a 7.2 one but wisely kept it in the box otherwise I might have had to pay for an AVR I didnt end up needing. "So why aren't they set up now then?" because the TV is set up on a large piece of furniture and Im not getting rid of the furniture and the TV until I have something else to watch, aka the projector. There is a ton of furntiture that needs to be moved, a ton of pieces that need installation, and it's all going to happen at once when I have everything I need. You know nothing about my room or my specific installation plans. We've been over this. I get it's not how you did your home theater, and it confuses you, that's fine, but stop assuming negative things when you don't know.

What is your overarching theory, anyway? Maybe I dont even have an M-150? Maybe I dont even have Infinity speakers? Do you think maybe I am making everything up as an elaborate avsforum hoax? What is your exact theory about me, really? I bet you can't even articulate one.

How about this? See if this makes sense. I have thousands of technical posts about A/V gear because I am building a complicated setup. It's not installed yet because it is a complicated setup, and a lot of things have to happen in a certain order. Wouldn't you agree, that explanation fits quite well? Probably a lot better than whatever your wild theory is. As for the OLED, what was the problem, motion blur, right? Why did I choose DLP? Because Im sensitive to motion blur. What is the issue happening right now even on the M-150? Motion blur.

Don't you think if I doing some sort of elaborate trolling, and making everything up, I wouldn't have made up a scenario where the projector I hand picked, from the technology I've been posting for months has the best motion, is now having motion issues? That just makes me look bad and gives ammo to actual trolls to troll me........... But because it's not a hoax, because I am actually building this project and now I am actually having this issue with the projector, I posted about it to try to fix it. That should also make sense to you, but maybe it will maybe it won't.

And T-Bone, it's only so much work for you, that you always complain about, to answer my questions, because you seem to not understand them at first often, and then even when you do, you don't know the answers. So those questions aren't for you. I don't expect you to go to work to find answers for me. The questions are for people on the forum that know. If info for these projects was easily found on google most of the time, there would be little need for avsforum. Asking people who are experts is usually a lot faster, and more in depth, than googling. It's the reason people make appointments with the apple store experts to troubleshoot their computers instead of just relying on the internet. I've researched a crazy amount for this project, but there are too many issues to research by myself. The forum exists for a reason, you don't seem to get that.

@Technology3456 you used the word "longer" instead of "shorter" in the quote. But you won't admit you messed up.
Not sure what you're referring to. This? "You get somewhere faster in a straight line than a curved line because it's a shorter distance."

Straight line = shorter distance, faster

It really doesn't matter. Everyone makes mistakes, I already made two in this thread. If there's a third, it sounds like it's along the same lines, typos and rushing my posts to respond to both of you guys. I didn't say anything wrong in substance about the HT concepts that I know of, definitely not ten in one page, but I have gotten those things wrong too in the past. It happens to everyone. The difference is 1. the amount and frequency, and 2. I don't blame other people for it. 3. I don't gang up with someone who is wrong ten times in one page to tell someone else he's wrong.

Honestly, I've tried to bring the convo with both of you back to a reasonable, genuine place many times, and you guys aren't interested. It's obvious to me from the tone of some of the things each of you write that you're just interested in messing with me, and don't read anything I write or respond in a genuine way. This is the last time I read or respond to either of your posts.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts