AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be having two rows of seats and trying to make a decision. I like the idea and look of actual HT seats, but two sofas would have the added flexibility of giving extra space for kids to sleep when they have friends over. If the Berklines recline enough to be comfortable sleeping in (at least for kids in the 8 to 18 year old range), then I can eliminate sofas from the list. Or perhaps it depends on the particular model? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't know about other Berkline models, but my 12000 recline almost as flat as a bed. Sorry I don't have any picture handy that shows them fully reclined.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Thanks for the info. In that case, two rows of 3 Berklines could sleep six kids whereas two sofas just two. This will help justify the cost to the wife! A related question...the spec sheets for the 12000's show that when reclined you need 66 inches of wall space. Is this fully reclined? I had been planning a 5 ft deep riser...maybe I better rethink that depth.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtoo /forum/post/15487136

I had been planning a 5 ft deep riser...maybe I better rethink that depth.

Math quiz: you put a 6 ft man in a fully reclined position. How deep should the riser be?

in my case Berkline 099s 6 ft 8 inches works but is just enough.

If you do a 5 ft riser you will discover you need to scoot the front row up a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...that's was the point I was getting at! 5 ft was based on using sofas. So how do you like the 45099's? Do they recline all the way? Comfortable enough to sleep in?

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtoo /forum/post/15487369

So how do you like the 45099's? Do they recline all the way? Comfortable enough to sleep in?

Very comfortable but the high backs do effect the surround sound.

We have fallen asleep several times, But I wouldn't choose to all night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts