AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How Much does GrayHawk Cost?

359 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jonmx 
#1 ·
how much does a 8 feet wide Grey Hawk sells for. I see plenty of post on this screen but I never see how much they cost.

#2 ·
This seems like a well-guarded secret. Although it probably varies with size and frame selected, it would be nice to see a ballpark number for a 100" Greyhawk. I am also interested in how it compares to a Da-lite High Contrast screen which runs in the neighborhood of $500 with a fixed frame. Spec wise, the Greyhawk is a 0.95 gain screen vs. 0.8 gain for the HC. For a sub-1000 luman projector the Greyhawk would definitely be the superior choice. I am pairing it with a Sanyo XP18N, so I am leaning towards the cheaper (I believe) Da-lite.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 06-07-2001).]

#3 ·
It's not really a "well-guarded secret," just e-mail the fine people at the AVScience Store and they'll tell you how much it costs! It also really depends a lot on whether the screen is fixed or motorized, velux applique and/or masking, etc. I think people also don't like to post the prices they receive from AVScience because they don't openly post it themselves (although it may just be because the store website needs to be updated a little <knudge> <knudge> <wink> <wink> ).

Regards,

Kam Fung

#4 ·
Jonmx I agree with you, why all the secrecy? All I want is list price. I just to see how it compares to other screen .

Kam Fung see the problem is I don't want to email. I just want to know around how much would we have to pay for one of these . Prices don't have to be exact.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by alberich:
how much does a 8 feet wide Grey Hawk sells for. I see plenty of post on this screen but I never see how much they cost.
Hello Alberich,

The price of the Grayhawk varies according to the country you live in.

For you lucky people in the USA the screen price is Good, over here in England, the Grayhawk costs about twice as much as it does in the USA http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

If Stewart wordwide pricing was as good as the products they manufacture, they would sell many more screens.

( And Europeans would not have to DIY import Gray market, Gray Screens )

Mark G.

#6 ·
The other month I called Stewart direct (800-762-4999), spoke with a salesperson, told them the dimensions and application and he faxed me a spec. sheet and "retail pricing" within the hour. He also said that they sell a ton of screens through AVS. The gentleman was very nice and informative and I did ask the Stewart vs. Dalite question and he had good answers.

Happy hunting!!

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ciroman:
The gentleman was very nice and informative and I did ask the Stewart vs. Dalite question and he had good answers.
Well, what were the good answers? I am about to buy one or the other.

#9 ·
I actually just e-mailed Jason late last night for a quote. Hopefully I will get a quote soon, but in the meantime I have gotten several quotes for a Da-Lite, all under $500. If the Greyhawk is gonna be another $500 more, I would like some good technical reason why I should do it. I know they Greyhawk has a slightly better gain than the H.C. by Da-Lite, and I have heard the build quality of the Greyhawk is better. But I am sure Da-Lite makes a very fine screen also.

#10 ·
I did manage to break through the government bureaucracy and red tape...I called medicalvideosystems.com about 2 months ago and got a quote of around $1700US for a motorized 100" (4 x 3) GrayHawk. Too much money I feel (even though admittedly I've not seen it). Whereas, Da-Lite seems to offer good value for the money.

I've got the Sanyo XP21N (pretty much the same as the XP18) I ordered Da-Lite's sample pack and to my eyes (on the 5" x 7" samples) their Dual Vision material works the best with the Sanyo. I find the High Contrast @0.8 way too dark. The Dual Vision seems to have less gain than Da-Mat even though both are rated at 1.0 (angle of view was not a factor from where I was sitting) and produced more solid blacks.

[This message has been edited by sharper (edited 06-09-2001).]

#11 ·
Thanks sharper for finally clearing this up. I agree with you that it might be alot of money but the improvents might make it worthwhile. I am using Da-Lite Matte white screen that I bought for $135. I wonder if the improvement with the GrayHawk will be really worth all the extra money?

[This message has been edited by alberich (edited 06-12-2001).]

#12 ·
I did get a quote from Jason last week. A 110" fixed screen Greyhawk runs about $1200 verses about $500 for a 106" fixed screen Da-lite high contrast. The Greyhawk has a superior build and has a better gain, but I am trying to keep costs down. I most likely will end up with a Da-lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.