AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see most if not all this forum is directed at how media streamer handle various content and formats, but little if anything on how their output actually looks. Does one unit perform better in the display arena than another?

I have a WD live that I have been using for a while and am quite happy with it. In my bedroom I use my Samsung BDP-2550 for Netflix and the Samsung LN40B650 for content streaming, the B650 leaves a lot to be desired with content streaming. Anyway the BDP 2550 has outstanding video quality with Netflix, but my other BR players vary in the video quality. My 2550 has acted up from time to time and I swapped in a Sony 370 but found the video quality streaming Netflix to be poor as compared to the 2550. I would have to believe that the video output quality must vary between streamers too.

My 2550 acted up again last night and I was looking into the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+, but I'm wondering if I will be disappointed with it's performance streaming Netflix. Which units and which chipsets deliver the most punch for video quality?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts