AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Carada doesn't make AT screens nor panels.............if you can live with narrow front stage for speakers ie. speakers inside 1.78 screen, then a Seymour and Carada Masquerade CIH can be done on the cheap.........ie $6000-$7000

If you want to go with the big boys............130" wide Screen Excellence Tam2 CIH with En4k material has MSRP $17,360. A 120" screen would be less.........

·
Registered
5,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan /forum/post/20843856

Wow, the motorized masking panels are that much?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa......yes.

Ever wonder why DYI masking threads have a quite of few posters and interest?

You should spec out a Stewart Director' Choice.............do you have $35,000 to $40,000 handy?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, holy cow.

The Seymour fixed frame AT screens are more in line with what I was expecting (or maybe hoping). Another $349 for fixed panels to mask it down to 16:9 is entirely reasonable.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I have a motorized Screen Research ClearPix2 in Grey, without motorized panels. My screen floats two feet off the wall though. If you are going "holy cow", you'd probably fry your checkbook just on a ClearPix...

Side question...is the ClearPix still available???? Just wondering in case anything ever happens to the one I have.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20844533

i have a motorized screen research clearpix2 in grey, without motorized panels. My screen floats two feet off the wall though. If you are going "holy cow", you'd probably fry your checkbook just on a clearpix...

side question...is the clearpix still available???? Just wondering in case anything ever happens to the one i have.

yes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.