Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..

I have one of those first gen, hot off the press. Preordered (at what was it.. $1400? $1200?) ReplayTV's (two drive, 28/30 hour version).

WITH FIREWIRE! Heh.

I was going to sell it. No longer have a land line.

It worth $50 even?

Byron

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
;) I'll give you $50....

Seriously though, its worth quite a bit more than that. Fleabay-ers seem to sell these babies at several hundred bucks or more. Remember that the early ReplayTV's also stripped Macrovision so the signal that was passed out was clean as a whistle.

(I have a ReplayTV 2000--the first off the press, single drive, with less than 10 hours of recording time--which I still use for conflicts)

Best,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
726 Posts
But..... they have weak tuners, almost non-existent ventilation, and less than adequate modems (made worse by the heat). Better to move on to at least a Showstopper 2000 or Replay 3xxx series for the same ebay $$$.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfaber
So..

I have one of those first gen, hot off the press. Preordered (at what was it.. $1400? $1200?) ReplayTV's (two drive, 28/30 hour version).

WITH FIREWIRE! Heh.

I was going to sell it. No longer have a land line.

It worth $50 even?

Byron
I'm curious, do you have a picture of it? Does the decal on the back say replay1004 or 2004?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
I'm curious, do you have a picture of it? Does the decal on the back say replay1001 or 2001?
I also have one of the first gen preorders. Decal states 2003.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have a 2004 which I use to supplement my 4320--man, have I paid too much for these things! Oh well. I've enjoyed a PVR since '99, so I probably have recovered my money to all the time I have saved. One downside is that I never know what movies are playing or what new products are available.

I've thought about selling it, but I'm not sure what I would replace it with. I haven't opened or modded it in anyway. What things do people consider a premium? Is it better to sell it modded or not?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
bfaber, Does your recorder have 2004 on the back? Those are worth $200 or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just checked. It is indeed a Replay 2004. (Couldn't remember the numbering scheme that far back).

Thanks for the input. I'll probably post it on ebay somewhere here when I get a moment.

Byron

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfaber
I just checked. It is indeed a Replay 2004. (Couldn't remember the numbering scheme that far back).

Thanks for the input. I'll probably post it on ebay somewhere here when I get a moment.

Byron
Cool! I have one also. The tuner acts up now and then and I have to reboot it. Who knows maybe it'll be a collectors item some day.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I always wonder what will become a collector's item, and I wonder if an item will become a collector's item in my lifetime. In 20 years will people think that a 2003 Corvette is as cool as a 1960 Corvette? (I wonder if we will even have gasoline based autos in that timeframe.) I guess it is too bad that the "collectors" aren't out buying today. I would love to get much more than $200 for my box. Since it ignores Macrovision, has the two drive bays, and has a lifetime sub, I thought people would want to pay more.

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
My old Replay 2000 "personal television server" (that is what appears on the front of my unit) has this info on the back.......

Model No. RTV-2020

Serial # 0200014A001AR90023.

I wish I knew more about what these numbers mean.....

I count this as my most treasured little pieces of electronics as it changed my viewing habits forever. I just love it. Even my superior McIntosh components and my JBL L100's (4ea) nor my 5.1 Acoustic Energy surround sound set up has impacted my life as this little gem has. I have recently purchased 2 5040's to enhance my viewing pleasure in a couple of my other rooms.

Hell, I get all tingly just thinkin' about it.........Who'ed have ever thunk that a little piece of electronics would make someone feel that way?

I hope D&M does this product proud.

Thanks for the eyeballs....

Patrick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.