AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PJL830, Davis 450 clone, with about 30 hours on it. I've had it for about 2 years, but I just don't use it very often. It's easier to watch movies on my big tube HDTV. So I'm thinking about selling it. How much do you guys think it's worth? It's in as new condition. I tried checking prices on Ebay, but there haven't been any 450s there in a long time.

thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was going to guess $500. You might try to check ebay for other SVGA DLP projectors. If you're patient enough, I'm sure you could find some...

Mike

·
Registered
693 Posts
Actually, I just sold my PJL830 on audiogone.com for $1325. Mine was a Thumperized version (don't know if this has any added value to 3rd parties). My projector had about 150 hours on a new bulb.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hey, that's great!

Is that an auction site? audiogone.com doesn't seem to exist.

I'd like to believe that my Davis 650 still has some value!

Mike

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sorry, it's actually audiogon.com. It's not an auction site. It's a classifieds site for high-end gear of all kinds.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bugman72
Actually, I just sold my PJL830 on audiogone.com for $1325. Mine was a Thumperized version (don't know if this has any added value to 3rd parties). My projector had about 150 hours on a new bulb.
Wow did you get lucky! Here in the bay area the SVGA Davis's have been going for around $500 to $600 dollars and the XGA's for between $800 to $1000.00. My $400.00 quote was a joke but if you want to sell it...

NickB

·
Registered
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bugman72
Wow did you get lucky! Here in the bay area the SVGA Davis's have been going for around $500 to $600 dollars and the XGA's for between $800 to $1000.00. My $400.00 quote was a joke but if you want to sell it...

NickB

·
Registered
693 Posts
I will tell you guys that first...hell yeah I was lucky. But I was also persistent. I think I had the projector on the site for about 3 months. It wasn't an instant sale. So patience also played a big part.

It doesn't cost anything to list it on the site. I'd bet for $1000, it won't take too long to sell it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pointer to the site. I'll try that then Ebay. No Craigslist for me. It's the land of the cheap. I should know, I troll there. Seriously, every time I post something on criagslist for $10. Either no one bites or they counter offer $5. I then sell it on Ebay for $20.

I'm also in no rush.

David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.