AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking to sell my electrohome ecp 4100 projector. Im going to sell it with a Zinwell BLS-2000 video scaler (everything included. including cables and remote) also with a 5 BNC to VGA cable. The green tube needs to be replaced (i think) the green tube goes out after like 10 mins of use. The projector is cosmeticly fine ( no dents or stuff like that) lenses are fine. how much shout i expect to get on e bay or something?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No experience in ECPs but I would search Videogon and closed Ebay auctions to get an idea of the going rate. Given its problem and particularly if it does need a new tube, I would suggest that this is most likely a "parts" projector. The lesser ES sets seem to be going for a whole lot less these days than even 6-10 months ago (unless truly pristine) the is made worse by the shipping costs. The scaler might be worth more alone than with the projector (due to shipping).

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
While the 4100 puts out a great picture and is a tough compact projector, unless it has, or you can get new or pristine tubes and is a late model, it's not worth much except for parts.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
You'll get very little for a defective projector. I'd put a bit of money into a new neck card (it's not the tube!) and then sell it as a package to a friend and help him install it.

You might also be able to sell the package on eBay.

Curt

·
Registered
116 Posts
My red tube used to do that, it turned out to be the connector on the mainboard wiggled loose, but it seemed like it could be the tube until I found it.

I have an extra green and red tube I just got from a dead sony 1041, they will fit in an ECP. If it is the green tube, we have a working projector between the two of us!

Matt

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
It could also be what Matt said.

]

I have the neckboards in stock if you need one.

Thanks!

Curt

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mharter
My red tube used to do that, it turned out to be the connector on the mainboard wiggled loose, but it seemed like it could be the tube until I found it.

I have an extra green and red tube I just got from a dead sony 1041, they will fit in an ECP. If it is the green tube, we have a working projector between the two of us!

Matt
Lol. How are you going to arrange to split the projector? Monday, Wednesday and Friday you'll have it and Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday he will have it? I guess Curt will get it on Sunday for repairs. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok suppose a board was loose and i fixed it. and suppose it works fine. how much money would i get for it and a video scaler (BLS-2000)?

now suppose a neck board needs to be replaced. how much money would i get for it and a BLS-2000?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
This is just an ad, as evidenced by your pretty much ignoring the advice and continuing to solicit offers(see post #8). You are not supposed to solicit sales on the forum. If you want to know how to assess its value, ask the question without advertising what you have for sale.

IE." How can I determine the value of my HT gear ? "

Place an ad in videogon.

If its too expensive, no one will email you.

Its an ECP, its not worth a dime.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Clarence
ECPs are worth 2x what they're selling for.

It's the shipping that kills you on bargain CRTs.
I love the ECP, with new 07MS tubes, you can get an 80" wide picture out of it that compares VERY WELL with an 8000/8110 Marquee. Despite the "rumor" of ES projectors NEVER being as good as EM, in the right hands (mine :D) and NEW tubes, like the set Paul recently sold too cheap on Videogon, the ECP (especially the latest 4500 plus with the late DF yokes) is a great projector. It's one of the few that even my wife doesn't complain about being too big and ugly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ECPs arent worthless, LCD panels that lose pixels, and plasma screens that burn in fast are worthless! Not to mention bulb burning DLPs. I would fix that ECP and watch HD on it for years! There are bigger better CRT projectors out there, but they take up more space and they aren't as beatiful as the ECP is.

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.