AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a perfect condition McIntosh MHT 100 System Controller and a PanaMax Max 5300 Surge Protector that I want to sell (moved, don't have room for such a high end, big system).

Can you help a girl out and tell me what they might be worth and how to sell them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl /forum/post/0

Hi Guys,

I have a perfect condition McIntosh MHT 100 System Controller and a PanaMax Max 5300 Surge Protector that I want to sell (moved, don't have room for such a high end, big system).

Can you help a girl out and tell me what they might be worth and how to sell them?

Thanks!

Call your local McIntosh dealer. Dealers of high end equipment are usually cognizant of the used market. Basically, you have a used piece of high end equipment without a warranty. Further it's not modern in the sense of it doesn't have HDMI; however, for the right buyer that won't matter.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I were female I'd be hesitant to try and sell this, or any other high end item, thru a public listing like craigslist or other "local" ad. Too many crazy people in this world these days. I'd target, friends, friends of friends, co-workers .... so you have some level of safety when meeting them. They will want to test it out; I suggest their place and take two of your biggest male friends with you, or better yet, meet at your local McIntosh dealer. As part of the negotiation, throw in the Panamax, don't try to sell it individually since it's only worth $25-100, not worth your time or more importantly your risk. Cash only, as is, no refunds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.