AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
UTVinsider -

Without the service, can I play back shows that I have already recorded, or are they held hostage to make sure I keep sending you a check? What happens if I cancel my DirecTv service, can I still play back shows or do I lose them that way as well?

With a TiVo/DirecTiVo, if I don't subscribe I can at least use it as a DVR, setting the time and channel to record, that's not available once I turn off my Ultimate TV subscription?

/carmi

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by majortom:

With a TiVo/DirecTiVo, if I don't subscribe I can at least use it as a DVR, setting the time and channel to record
I'm pretty sure that's only true for standalone Tivos, and that only while they come with 1.3 preinstalled. Tivos sold with 2.0 or greater, which includes DirecTivos, won't do manual recording without a Tivo subscription.

You can at least play prerecorded stuff though.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by majortom:
UTVinsider -

Without the service, can I play back shows that I have already recorded, or are they held hostage to make sure I keep sending you a check? What happens if I cancel my DirecTv service, can I still play back shows or do I lose them that way as well?

With a TiVo/DirecTiVo, if I don't subscribe I can at least use it as a DVR, setting the time and channel to record, that's not available once I turn off my Ultimate TV subscription?

/carmi
People have previously posted that if the DirecTV service lapses, they were unable to play back previously recorded material. You could probably make sure that your UTV didn't find out the service had lapsed until you had watched all of the recordings, though.

------------------

Brett
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven,

choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy.
s>

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
UTVinsider,

Can you get a final answer for the second receiver cost issue. Clearly calling in to UTV gets the random answer of the day.

I have sent multiple E-mails and have received an answer that seems to imply that there is no extra cost beyond the standard DirecTV mirror charge.

Many of the folks here would like to know. It seems also clear that the phone folks need a clear postion here so they can give their customers the correct answer.

Ed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.