AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the new season starts? Just wondering if I'll have high def Tivo in time. :D (Being Sunday Night Football is in HDTV now, too)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't think there will be another season. Gandolphini is in some kind of dispute with HBO over the money and they have not signed the deal. At least that is what I remeber from earlier in the summer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote:
I don't think there will be another season. Gandolphini is in some kind of dispute with HBO over the money and they have not signed the deal. At least that is what I remeber from earlier in the summer.
THe dispute you speak of has been taken settled for some time now. But I have yet to hear when the new season will start. I just hope the next season will be a lot better than last years.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
March 2004 sounds about right to me. It's a long way off.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Well I don't know for sure.

But usually HBO plays reruns running up till the new seasons starts. So this week they are playing episode 38 of season 3. There are a total of 52 episodes including season 4. So by my estimation.

14 weeks from today.

The first sunday of January 4th 2004, but like I said that is just a guess based on what HBO has done in the past.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bdraw
Well I don't know for sure....

14 weeks from today.

The first sunday of January 4th 2004
That sounds familiar.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
A quick Google of 'Sopranos 2004' reveals a few different scenarios, ranging from January, to February or March. So we've roughly got another 3 to 6 months to wait.

Other tidbits:

From the NY Daily News:

- The wait may come with some upside for the millions of loyal followers who have been suffering from "Sopranos" withdrawal since the fourth season finale in December 2002: extra episodes.

Sopranos creator Davis Chase was quoted as saying: "I'd planned out an arc for Season Five that would have ended the show, but as we're getting into it, we're finding there's a lot more material. We could cram it into 13 episodes, but I don't know that it's the right thing to do. So there may be additional episodes."

How many extra episodes will be made has not been settled, but it could be as many as six - or a half-season more than originally planned. Chase and HBO officials are now talking about an extension. "I suspect," he said, smiling, "they'll be okay with that."

From the Chicago SunTimes

- Although it's widely thought season 5 will be the last, executive producer Brad Grey was quoted as saying "I'm very open-ended. You know? I'm not calling the game yet. David, I think, made it clear that he would prefer to finish unless he has some creative idea that's exciting enough to continue, [but] I think it's early. ... I think we have a little time to figure that out, and we'll see. I'm the lone wolf [on the production side] who's not saying, 'It's over.' "

·
Registered
498 Posts
There were a couple of press releases in June which said that there were definite plans for a sixth season, consisting of (at least) 10 episodes. Try a google search on "sopranos sixth season".

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have a rather naive question about the HD version of the Sopranos, specifically how it compares to the DVD version. I'm assuming it is better but am curious what people's impressions are. For instance, if you saw one or the other would it be fairly obvious which one you were seeing (assuming familiarity with both) with little chance of getting it wrong? If they were side by side, I'm assuming the difference would be obvious, is it? Any other comments about the HD version versus the DVD?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've seen both, and yes there is an obvious difference. Much more detailed, sharp picture with HD. The DVD looks like the SD version on HBO.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sex and the City will air their final 8 episodes starting in January. Season 5 of the Sopranos will not start before Sex and the City is finished.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
when does season 4 dvd hit stores?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Not to date myself here but I enjoy the Sopranos as much as I enjoyed Dallas back in the 70's. Kind of weird how the ugly side of people and money attracts us so.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is the Sopranos going to be on BEV? They show it on the demo loop they were playing last week along with 6 feet under but are they just hoping or teasing us?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.